The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

O2 Sensor Help

Dark_Horse

I just put in a brand new Denso O2 sensor in my car 3 days ago and I verified that the new O2 was cycling properly with DSMlink. I idled it in the driveway for 30 minutes checking the DSMlink settings and verifying there were no oil leaks etc. After I was satisfied, I drove the car a mile or so and the O2 sensor was still working perfectly when I shut the car off back at home.

2 days ago, I started the car and the O2 sensor would cycle sometimes and then just randomly stop working and stay at 0.02 volts. Anytime it would do that, I'd shut the car off and when I restarted it, the O2's started working correctly again.

Yesterday, the O2's never cycled at all no matter what I did. It stayed on 0.02 volts no matter how many times I shut the car off and restarted. I figured maybe I had a GIGANTIC exhaust leak before the O2 sensor, but even driving around the neighborhood did nothing and it remained on 0.02 volts.

I checked the obvious things like, making sure that the where the O2 sensor plugs into the wiring harnass was securely connected. Also verified that the O2 sensor was still in the O2 housing and was tightened properly. As far as I can tell, those 2 areas are ok. I maybe have a grand total of 2 hours of run-time on the new O2 sensor. Can a brand new O2 sensor die in 3 days?

AnotherNewb

Okay, im too lazy to search and paste a link for you on my phone, but..... why not bust out your multi meter and verify that your o2 sensor is working? Easy 5 min test.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned