The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not Building Boost NEED HELP New Owner

Ok well i Just Bought a 91 Galant VR4 385/2000 First Boosted/AWD/4Dr Sports Sedan and loving it. its going to make an awesome Daley Driver i just bough her about 3 Days ago havent had much time to mess around with it much.So far I tightend up all the lines up from the turbo all the way from intake did a boost leak test didnt hear any thing and lines were tightent up good made sure of that...Im going to mess with the waste Gate Tommorrow see if it might be stuck or staying open ..But if this doesnt fix my Problems any body know what else it can be??????

CSMShaun

Could potentially be a seized turbo. Removing the intake pipe and manually confirming that the turbo will free-spin would assure that it is not seized. Even with a wastegate that is stuck open the turbo should still produce boost at higher RPMs. How are you confirming that the turbo is not making boost? The OE gauge is based on a calculation made within the ECU and is not a direct measurement. Using an after-market gauge connected to your intake manifold will be your best bet for assuring that the turbo is producing pressure.

524of1000

^ this. The OEM "gauge" is crap. you'd need a real boost gauge to measure what, if any, boost you're making.

The two members, more senoir than myself, are correct. You need an actual psi gauge. Somethings that ran through my head... is the car modified, if so how? Does the rest of the dashboard work? Have you checked wiring? -> as stated above your boost gauge and air/fuel ratio is dependant on the maf sensor (the piece connected to your intake cone or box with wires comming out of it). Maybe you are making boost but just not reading it... again, as above, hard to know without a real boost guage...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned