The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

no clutch

So i just did an automatic to manuel swap on my ggsx i;m all done the only thing is that the clutch feels like crap. It has pressure but it wont in guage the gears when i push down the clutch what coule be wrong?

pachood_1953

Lots of things COULD be wrong

Air in the lines..Bleed the crap outta that thing!
Air in the master
old pedal that is out of spec
Old fork, and pivot ball, possibly needs to be shimmed

Did you use all new parts, or used? I was having the same problem and I replaced everything hydraulic, and Im just barely at the right point. Next season I am replacing the pedal assembly, fork, pivot ball...and everything else I looked over when I assembled it.

BoostedAWD91

make sure u dont have any leaks, bleed the clutch again and if u still dont have any clutch, u might have a bad slave cylinder

i'm using all the parts out of my 91 eclipse gsx so i know it was working i think the slave is bad i bleed it about three times and it didn't get any better anyone out ther got one for cheap?

Did you adjust the linkage under the dash? How much free pedal do you feel before you start engaging the clutch?

If you follow the linkage, it shifts over to the right a little ways, to push on the master cylinder through the firewall. There is a threaded rod with a 12mm nut you need to loosen first. Once you break the nut loose, you can unscrew the rod from the clutch linkage, making it longer, and pushing sooner on the master cylinder.

ktmrider

Quoting 91gsxz3:
lots of free pedal how do you adjust it under dash?

+1 to Keydiver.
Also get on the VFAQ site, www.vfaq.com, there is a great write-up with pics that I used recently to adjust mine.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Grab the factory manuals to make sure you adjust it with just "enough" free play because if it is too tight, it can cause issues just like too much play.

www.lilevo.com Should be a manual for you here, just poke around.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned