The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New turbo setup..

Diego

So I sold my E316G to a member here and I sent it out and got it back in the mail, so I was able to get a side by side shot...

FP20G vs E316G

It is externally gated and I have an Ebay 38mm V-band Wastegate for it but dont plan on running it for safety factor that I WANT to know the spring pressure..

Does anyone have something cheap for me to buy and maybe a recirc or atmospheric dump for this...

biglady112

You can hook it up to a compressor to see when it opens. Or just order your desired Tial spring. They usually fit and work just fine.

spooling92vr4

I think I have a spring or two laying around, it could take a few days for me to get out to my shop to grab it, Im not sure I remember what the rate is... (I remember putting 2 in for like 18psi) so that must have been the og spring... anyway if you pay for shipping its yours.

Diego

As I expected, the 20G housing is huge and hits the waterpipe, anyone have any advice on how much of a dent i need to give the waterpipe clearance from the housing or is there another route?

Diego

Scott Y

You do have to dent the waterpipe if you clock the compressor housing to point the outlet forward so you can use the stock i/c route over the manifold.
I don't have an exact measurement, I used the trial method of bending and installing until I had the clearances I wanted.

Diego

Its down facing. Any of you CO people able to help a brother out and make way up here to offer advice or a helping swing as I don't have crap for tools atm.

Diego

DynastyLCD

Quoting Scott Y:
You do have to dent the waterpipe if you clock the compressor housing to point the outlet forward so you can use the stock i/c route over the manifold.
I don't have an exact measurement, I used the trial method of bending and installing until I had the clearances I wanted.

that explains why i didnt have to dent my water pipe. my FPgreen fits perfectly but then again it goes downwards.

i was able to slightly clock it up, and use a piece of stock 2g I/C piping (just for the 90 bend) and it fits a 1g short route FMIC kit without issue. the engine mount was the only obstacle.

Ian M

Quoting Diego:
As I expected, the 20G housing is huge and hits the waterpipe, anyone have any advice on how much of a dent i need to give the waterpipe clearance from the housing or is there another route?

Diego

You need as much as it takes to get it to bolt on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously,It's been years ago now,but I remember having to dent mine slighty (my 20g is clocked up) also. I laid a socket against the pipe and hit it to make a smooth dimple that looked almost stock.

Last edited:

Diego

Its in. Anyone have a link for new studs. Mine are just a bit rusty and I would like new hardware.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts