The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Turbo Setup w/ Pics

BoostedAWD91

After having alot of problems with the last turbo setup i bought a T3 Setup. Turbonetics T3 Manifold with a Buschur 57 trim. I bought the setup off Zach which was from Bean's from turbotrix's turbo setup off his recent car which he just parted out. I also bought a set of HKS 272's from his as well. Here is what it looks like now, took it apart to clean out the runners cause its been sitting on the self at the shop for awhile. Everything is cermanic coated and the compressor cover was done in Black Chrome.I also re-wrapped the o2 sensor wiring so it covered the whole length with flame retardant line. Wednesday im going to JNZ and Josh is gonna fab a wastegate setup for my Tial 40mm cause there isnt enough clearance to run it straight off the runner.Waiting for a o2 gasket so i can put it on. Anyways here are some pics

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Nice. I'm contemplating a t3t4 setup as well, when you get yours on, please post pics of how you ran the lower ic pipe!

BoostedAWD91

the IC piping will be ran down underneath the manifold, pretty much like 1G's are ran. My radiator sits back in so i have more room to do this so i dont have to run it up and over. ill post pics when its complete

mitsuturbo

Get a half size civic radiator, then you won't have to fab up a custom wastegate dealio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BoostedAWD91

my radiator is only a year old so it'd cost more to buy another radiator than to have the wastegate flange done

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
that wont work for daily driving

I've had a civic half radiator for almost 2 years now and I've never had any problem with the car running hot or overheating. There are several members on here, several more on the dsmlink board and quite a few more on other dsm/evo boards who run half civic radiators without any issues.

BoostedAWD91

got the new turbo installed monday and today i had jnz weld up a Tial 40mm flange to the manifold. Sorry for the crappy pics, not much light in the garage.

Looks good!

Get a civic radiator, and cut that silly Drivers-side engine mount-down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

whats with everyone pushing the civic radiator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif thanks for the suggestion but mine works perfectly fine and i have plenty of room

I think the only reason they are pushing it is because with a larger turbo, you require more space fir the compressor housing and it makes running the intercooler piping easier.

turbowop

I don't have any issues running a larger turbo with a stock radiator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Fits fine with the FP3052 and even fit with my old FPgreen setup that had the external wastegate angled towards the radiator off the O2 housing.

IMO, most all the Civic radiator installs I've seen look like garbage. The upper mounts always look cobbled together like the one pictured above.

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

Quoting Airmail96:
I think the only reason they are pushing it is because with a larger turbo, you require more space fir the compressor housing and it makes running the intercooler piping easier.

not really, there is still plenty of room to use a stock or stock size radiator with a bigger turbo

now I have a question on your valve cover. Why delete the pcv valve and the fitting on the passenger side and run a straight catch can? Better Ventalation?

BoostedAWD91

Quoting 1941Galant:
Looks good Chris, we will have to have a friendly race sometime this summer.

haha sure,even though ur gonna beat me

Last edited:

Quoting 9t1tsi:
now I have a question on your valve cover. Why delete the pcv valve and the fitting on the passenger side and run a straight catch can? Better Ventalation?

Cooler intake temps, and also cleaner intake mani, and head.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting turbowop:
I don't have any issues running a larger turbo with a stock radiator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Fits fine with the FP3052 and even fit with my old FPgreen setup that had the external wastegate angled towards the radiator off the O2 housing.

IMO, most all the Civic radiator installs I've seen look like garbage. The upper mounts always look cobbled together like the one pictured above.

+1 on civic radiators looking like poop.

Wow, thanks a lot guys. Low budget I agree. But that wasn't the final mounting.

I guess your all set?

I didn't see that your radiator was taking the place of the A/C condensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned