The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of #1899/2000

minneSNOWta

Thomas - Nice.

vr4hotness - Thanks.

Replaced the dry, cracked rubber bushings with blue poly ones. Could have done a better job shucking out the old bushings though. At least they look good and the radiator doesn't jiggle. Thanks to Wizardawd for conjuring up this idea.

SARD magnetic oil drain plug. Thanks G.

MAP Green-top CAS cover. Will be anodized blue.

Frontline Fab 2G dipstick handle. Will also be anodized blue along with a few other goodies. I had to buy a new 2G dipstick and knock out the roll pin to separate the handle from the dipstick. Already have a new 1G dipstick, but the handle is riveted onto the dipstick. FF supplied new Viton o-rings and a new roll-pin to reassemble the dipstick.

New Cusco strut bar stickers. The rear bar I got from G is an older version, so I plan on just making them look the same. Only other difference I really notice is that the older bar does not have the Cusco logo engraved on it.

Starion badge. Thanks G.

Mirage badge IIRC. Thanks G.

Kiggly advertised on tooners that he had a bunch of HLA's ready-to-go, so I jumped at the opportunity. Plus it's a good, functional investment. Should be a cakewalk to install.

The set screw has been "factory adjusted" to keep a constant 15psi on the lash adjusters. No gasket or sealant is needed between the regulator body and distribution plate either.

Waiting on more goodies and stuff to get back from the anodizer. I shipped the 18G out to my buddy to have a look at too.

G

Staff member
The M badge is mitsu. Debonair I think.

minneSNOWta

Have some news on the turbo. My friend, Matt G., says that the turbine housing is a 7cm, but has a small crack near the flapper. Bearing housing is not water fed, so we are looking for one to replace it. Will need new 06SL2 turbine wheel and possibly drilling/tapping new holes for the wastegate. The previous owner must have spun a rod bearing or something because he found material that ran through it. Plan is to bore it and convert to 20G when he has the time to use a local school's machine shop. Can't remember if he plans on throwing a billet wheel on it or not.

Got some parts back from the anodizer. They did a decent job, but forgot to send my fuel rail outlet fitting back. Should hopefully be getting that back soon. Must have been huffing a lot of fumes.

Had a tough time getting at the lower tamper-proof screw on the stock CAS cover with stuff in the way, but finally got it.

Got the new dipstick attached to the handle. New roll pin installed too.

minneSNOWta

Was "warm" today, so I decided to install the HLA since it only takes a few minutes. Torqued to 9ft.-lbs. I wanted to take the stock HLA apart to show internal comparison pics, but the screw holding it together is on very tight.

Forgot I had this '93 "pig-nose" grille. Won't rock it too often, but I will probably have it painted with some of the other grilles when the time comes.

minneSNOWta

Not too much action, but finally got new GReddy couplers in from Japan. They are both straight couplers, 100mm for the MAF and 80mm for the turbo inlet. The logo is smaller on the new ones, but they are high quality for sure. Will probably need to do some trimming to get the best fit, but I have the old couplers to mock off of.

minneSNOWta

Another mini update. Forgot to take pics of some of the items I acquired.

I bought this nice condition VR-4 fuel sending unit off of Evan Hale. Thanks again.

Had my friend Matt G. who works for Denso get me this Supra TT fuel pump with his employee discount. Thanks buddy. Also got the install kit and fuel pump rewire kit. Still hunting for injectors to finish off the fueling system.

Got one of the last few fill hoses from JNZ.

New parking cables from JNZ. PO said they were replaced, but the e-brake still doesn't work. Plan on getting all new calipers because I believe one of the rears is sticking.

Got a few more goodies in the garage I need to snap pics of. Once some of them are installed coming up here, it will be hard to get good pics of them.

minneSNOWta

Anodizer lost my fuel rail outlet adapter, so I had to order another one. Coated for free of course.

New Fluidampr pulley. Since I don't have balance shafts, I figured this would be a good investment. This is the revised version with the proper length ARP bolts.

New OEM power steering belt, Gates A/C belt, and Gates alternator belt.

New lower timing cover. I got all new OEM bolts to go with it too.

New hood insulator. My car didn't come with one. If I end up getting a JDM hood, I will probably sell this.

Earl's -6AN adapters and -6AN caps to block off the rear lines on the front rack.

Finally got around to sanding off the powder coating on the intake manifold letters. Looks a lot better and matches the valve cover now.

Hoping for more momentum to get this thing going.

CutlassJim

This looks to be shaping up quite nice. I applaud you excessive use of new OEM parts.

minneSNOWta

Thanks Jim. I want to do this the right way, even if it costs more.

Got this 4-bolt viscous LSD from PolskiVR4. He was a gentleman and cleaned it up for me. Thank you!

Not in bad shape at all. Could use some black paint though.

Here are the 5-lug hubs I will be using. JNZ coated the hubs for me and installed mostly everything for the rears. New wheel studs too. Still trying to find new front knuckles, but not sure if that will be possible.

New OEM seals, bearings, etc. The fronts still need to be pressed in.

JNZ ABS delete kit with stainless lines for the front, new OEM non-ABS prop valve, and new OEM non-abs reservoir/cap.

Eyelids from Nameka. These don't fit on USDM lights because of a nipple on the glass. I may decide to install these on my Curtis-spec lights. The '93 lights have a nipple on the glass too, but Curtis will be grinding them down for me. Not sure if I want to do these in black or white, but not important at the moment.

Had Archer Racing order me this HKS 35th anniversary edition Type-0 turbo timer since they are somehow still a HKS dealer. Was walking around the shop and found this 1G harness just sitting there. Saw some lingering HKS stuff sitting around the shop like cams, filters, filter cages, etc. Pretty cool for a shop in Duluth.

minneSNOWta

Installed this back in September 2013. Certified Muffler 3" stainless TBE. I'm kind of a tree-hugger, so I put a Magnaflow high-flow cat on there. Decided not to go with a resonator because I'm hoping the cat will quiet it down some. If it drones too much, I may have one put on later. True dual outlets too. Had the muffler and tips powder coated flat black to stay under the radar. David was awesome to work with and the install went pretty easily. I did mention earlier that I had a bung installed to get the wideband setup hooked up.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I might have a brand new knuckle for you. Will have to check which side. I believe it is 2wd though.

minneSNOWta

Nice, the FWD knuckle? Let me know when you find out and get a part #, so I can see if the other side is still available. Thanks man.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'll go look for it today.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I do have a left side new FWD knuckle. It is a non-abs version, so it has no provision for the sensor mounting bracket.

Also have a brand new dust shield (1G design, not GVR4) that fits it. The shield says "15" on it, which means it is the 15" brake size, so should fit the larger rotor diameter.

minneSNOWta

Jason - Doesn't MAP have an anodizer they go through already? You would have to fill out tax information and paperwork if you decide to go to another anodizer.

iceman - Awesome! Do you have a part number for the right side knuckle? What about the dust shield? I was told by JNZ that dust shields are NLA. What do you want for those?

prove_it

I think about a year ago I purchased the last dealer stock front backing plates. Not sure. Where the hell did you get an oem PS belt? My mitsu guy said they are NLA.

minneSNOWta

prove_it - JNZ. Part # is in the pic.

Wolfpuss - JNZ. Part # is upside down, but it is MB401268.

jeverts

Quoting minneSNOWta:
Jason - Doesn't MAP have an anodizer they go through already? You would have to fill out tax information and paperwork if you decide to go to another anodizer.

iceman - Awesome! Do you have a part number for the right side knuckle? What about the dust shield? I was told by JNZ that dust shields are NLA. What do you want for those?

We go through Pioneer metal finishing but there minimum is high so I could get it done by them but it would be for an outrageous price. If Map sends stuff out for anodizing we wait until we have a good amount of parts to send to keep the cost down per part.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned