The Authoritative Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1837/2000

Brett Adams' Galant VR-4

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looking good as usual. I really like the magazine montage. I should get a print copy. I wonder if it may still be on the news stand being the last.

turbowop

Looks great. In The News did mine too back in the day. They do nice work. Mine hangs in the garage now next to the car.

I'm surprised you went to the smaller diameter slave with the twin. I actually preferred the larger one since it required less throw. Then again, my twin was an old, non-gear drive Quartermaster. Maybe they release a bit different. With my single I'm back to the red 3/4" slave.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting bobdole:
Looks super nice.

Thanks, Charles. Digging the new Delica!

Quoting CutlassJim:
What are the sources of the two different slave cylinders?

The green is OEM, the new one I picked up from RockAuto.

Quoting iceman69510:
Looking good as usual. I really like the magazine montage. I should get a print copy. I wonder if it may still be on the news stand being the last.

Doubt it, but you may get lucky. I tried to pick up a few copies late in the month and they dried up quick.

Quoting turbowop:

Looks great. In The News did mine too back in the day. They do nice work. Mine hangs in the garage now next to the car.

I'm surprised you went to the smaller diameter slave with the twin. I actually preferred the larger one since it required less throw. Then again, my twin was an old, non-gear drive Quartermaster. Maybe they release a bit different. With my single I'm back to the red 3/4" slave.

Pedal pressure was never an issue, so the travel is what I was after. It's a struggle to drive on the street with the twin sometimes. I was just trying to get some extra travel, which I hoped would make it a bit more tame. It definitely helped, but it's still a bitch in heavy traffic, and stop and go. I do miss the drivability of the single disc setups, but then again, I don't really drive the car enough for it to really bother me. It does shift like butter at 9k, so there's that as well...

slugsgomoo

Brett, have you put a 2g accumulator on your car? With the 2g FWD slave, and the accumulator, it slows it down and gives you a bigger window so you get some actual feel. People who haven't driven a twin still had problems driving my car smoothly at first, but it's definitely much easier once you get a couple miles with it. The hardest part was that I bought a brand new accumulator, and the OEM hydraulic line is NLA so I had to make my own. I'm SS to the accumulator, and then hard lines on the accumulator & accumulator to slave for mine.

GSTwithPSI

I knocked out a few little projects on the Galant over the lest few months. I started by replacing all the turbo coolant lines with stainless braided lines. I added DEI fire sleeves to hopefully extend the life of the lines since they see so much heat due to the proximity to the turbine housing.
d1yfdfilojl6bcqopvzx03q1usnrrxwh1ijyk389y3xddtvjgyzgetfnfunbrkcgpvk8iuj1i2jleqwvpc-w1112-h626-no-jpg.598146

My battery sh*t out. The car usually sits for long periods of time, and I never remember to put it on the tender. I think age and the lack of use took their toll finally, so I just picked up a new Optima red top. I remember back in the day when you could pick one of these things up on sale for $119 bucks, these shits are expensive now!
bc5sozlupjuub8lyzufksyo5g6mak8qlc3oxew7imhtoomavlhqmamv7pxcqgpbct_83bb6fsxexzvl-beg-w750-h625-no-jpg.598147

nghndzqmden1ogzgarhwr6hqfnuqfqxbaqd7flpwxa_pnknvvkcqnpdjisgadxzh2noc0yakjyudxln42q-w1286-h625-no-jpg.598148

In a last-ditch effort to make my QM twin more tame and streetable, I decided to add the 2G clutch accumulator everyone always suggests. All said and done, it made a tiny improvement, but overall the clutch still sucks ass to drive on the street. I think I can chalk it up and say there's nothing I can do to make this thing anymore enjoyable to drive when I'm not balls out banging through the gears...She's just never gonna be a lady in the streets.
exwdqut3-kmvdexkzyt5hikktji973dikdtmww7uixdevdiol0vhl0ksxwduxt6t3azdsm7zuxm85soukr5-w921-h625-no-jpg.598149

Found what were probably some of the last Super Street hard copies left on the shelf in the San Francisco airport while I was flying on business. It was cool I found a few of the older issues featuring the Galant, but also sad knowing these copies would be some of the last ever to be seen on the newsstands.
ojc8vydvvep5syohuq_dfvvfsi3ayyr0bx1jwknc2vohmzitj6a8y5bugu8vyaz5kgd9htknbh4knwu9jp3-w304-h625-no-jpg.598150

Aaaaaand a few pics just cuz. Thanks for following along.
pdqtsiqb0xhzgjpkersxvlvi0_ubl7nuz1bu8ed7ab6-edf-phe4o411fzld2ei5ewve9ilfm9o7luirao-w1112-h626-no-jpg.598151
fow0bopiln4nxwyyvokvas5lr766v9ly-ipwr2rx9puiwphpd8h3gv5sushh-ynpjxk0vgmcvwckhnjhuz-w1112-h626-no-jpg.598152

bobdole

Looking good as always.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hey Brett,

How about some photos of those turbo braided lines installed? I'd like to see how that worked out.

Sizes? What are the push lock type fittings for, one of the water lines?

Thanks.

slugsgomoo

if you got extra copies, I'd buy one from you. I was never able to find one in print sadly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings