The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new gvr4 owner

gtproto

hey new to the dsm community but always wanted a gvr4 since before i could drive finally picked one up and love it it drives but not well im new to the 4g63 platform were to start

gtproto

as far as i can tell the car is stock except a manual boost controller and a fuel pressure regulator but the car isnt getting past 2psi and its slower then my riding mower it idles ok its getting fuel and the spark is good i ordered a big 16g waiting for it to come in see what happens i believe the original 14b is blown my air filter is soaked with oil as well

Welcome to the site. Allot of great dsm knowledge here, make sure to take advantage of the search feature and the vfaq site.
Anthony

raptorWagon

Quoting The_juice:
Welcome to the site. Allot of great dsm knowledge here, make sure to take advantage of the search feature and the vfaq site.
Anthony

A lot of dsm knowledge sure, but this place is not the land of DSMs, It is the land of Galant VR-4s which are not DSMs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Vr4junkie

Oh yea try not to call the GVR4 a DSM around here check your windows and you'll see some MMC logo/print that's Mitsubishi Motor Corporation theses cars were built in Japan and imported here check this link out click just thought I put it out there. post some pictures when you get a chance.

gtproto

yea sorry i know first thing i was told its not a dsm but ill put some pics up soon i picked up the car from a guy on this forum planning on making this car like new it will be a long process looking forward to some good knowledge here but got to get it runnning first body last

nsin

Congrats on your new Gvr4, hope you get her running soon. Post up some pics!

you guys are out of hand with the not being a dsm. I understand the difference/ but 4g cars are all dsms in my eyes.
BLASPHEMY@!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

raptorWagon

Well, like several of our members do see them as four door DSMs, still doesn't mean that that's what they are and your other comment that you see all 4g63 powered cars as DSMs makes no sense when you take into account there are several other cars that came with the G63t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. For example, the 4th Gen Galant Eternas being the first cars to get the 4g63t (1980), then Starions and the Lancer EX2000, then finally years later the 6th Gen Galant VR4, then DSMs and Lancer Evolutions.

thedsmguy

Diamond Star Motors = collaboration between mitsubishi, eagle, plymouth to build the eclipse, talon, laser from 90-99. These cars have a plate in the engine bay stating DSM.
GVR4 assembled in Japan not Illinois like a DSM.

Anyways, about your car. Do all the very basics first. Compression and leak down tests, then boost leak test, then Timing belt with new tensioner, crank seal, cam seals, water pump. If you do not find any significant problems after all that I'd go strait to the ecu one from a "DSM" will run the car fine just switch cases.

Best of luck!

gtproto

ive been trying to figure out whts the best maf or not to get i see alot of gm 3inch but hear thats old school and can get fussy i also hear now get the evo maf and so on im just not sure but this 1g gots to go i got a big 16g on the way im new to this just not sure what way to go also evo 560cc injectors are they enough for the 16g im planning on sometime down the road going bigger turbo would somewere around 850cc injectors be ok any help would be appreciated or if there is someone around chicago to help thanks also should this be seperate post on mechanical page

Again the Deffenition and difference is obviously common knowledge/ they are grouped into dsms by many, along with colts/mirages and god forbid sometimes even evos. Haha

As far as injectors it will certainly depend, do you plan on running e85?
Have you chosen a method to tune just yet?

gtproto

im not sure on really what all my options are for tuning whats the best for my application, end goal for this year is somewere around 320awhp on a safe tune it will be dd but i ultimatly want some were close to 550awhp so if i could start off with something capable of my end goal that would be ideal i just got the car 2 weeks so im just starting to learn would evo maf be capable of close to 600 i know there are many variables but right now its the stock 1g maf and i know that wont do

5OF2k

holy grammer/punctuation!! Made my head hurt!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned