The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new 1/4 pb

NZ VR4 RS

ran an 11.84 @ 117.8 at the weekend beating the 11.92 @115 i ran two weeks a go.

was a real hot day and i had to turn the controller up a fair way to get it back to 1.4 bar. the track was actually too sticky due to the heat and the car was bogging offthe line of the 6500 rpm launch control.

as the day cooled down the 60's came down.

not bad for a completly stock unopened motor.

was on avgas compared to pump last week.

the 11.84 slip is real light and the scanner cant scan it so here is the closest one i can scan.

finally have the once a year night drags on the 5th of dec so hoping to get a bit more out of it yet.

11.894%20run.jpg

Polish

What turbo? Nice time.

NZ VR4 RS

35r on a .63 housing

im at number 23 on the dsm times list now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ned to make the top 20 again.

few years back 12.21 was good enough for 19th

Last edited:

NZ VR4 RS

the current motor in the car is a freak, was put in the car jan 2004.

the orginal motor blew the balance shaft belt apart and that got stuck under the cambelt and it jumped some teeth putting all the inlet valves into the pistons..

i bought it of a mate out of his zr4 because he was upgrading to an evo zero motor he had bought, it had done 140k in his car and he had done a few drag meets on it.

scince then it has done over 200 1/4 mile runs that i have slips for( prob more like 220 all up), most in the mid to low 12's, 5 track days and 28,000k,s of at least 18 psi usually more of what i would call hard street driving.

plus now its done 5 runs in the 11's

Its the best $400 i have ever spent .

the 11.8 was done on 1.4 bar with av gas, will prob try it up to 1.6 at the night drags and call it a day.

then it will go on the dyno to see how much power it is making because it must be getting close to the 300 kw atw mark .

still running a std chipped comp and a safc and no dyno tune just a data logger and a lc1 wide band with my street tune. :lol:

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned