The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Went to the track tonight - Vid now up.

brisvr4

Since it is getting cooler down here I thought I would head out to the drags for a bit of fun.
It was a pretty good night all in all, i got a few 11.8's etc but then I hit my new PB.

60 ft - 1.809
1/8th - 7.46 @ 97.00
1/4 - 11.42 @ 125.25
I'm very happy with the MPH but there is still work to be done to get the actual time down!
I still really need to work on my launch technique though. I can't seem to drop down below the 1.8 mark. It's starting to get real old real quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'm trying to chase down Nate's 10.8 second timeslip but without nitrous if I can. That gives me a goal that I can aim for before I replace the 50 trim with something bigger.
My setup is pretty similar to Nate's except for the fact that my 50 trim has a Mitsubishi exhaust housing and I'm running E85.
I'm still only running skinny 195/60/15 tyres though. I think that will be a problem with going much faster. Might need to invest in some new rubber I think.

Video should be up in the next few days.

Last edited:

Good job! I think Nate did the 10.8 on slicks and that dropped his 60 ft and overall E.T. by a good bit. You guys are going so fast on the 50 trim and its really impressive. My setup is really fun on the street but I havent been to the track in years but now seeing how fast people are going on the 50 trims I wonder how fast my car is with this thing.

cheekychimp

Good work Tim. I envy you guys that have tracks to go to. We need to arrange a track night next time.

Nate

Those 195s probably aren't hurting you as much as you think - I used to drop the pressure to 18-20psi and I'd get mid-high 1.6s on them.

I haven't been able to get but maybe 5 1.6s since switching to a 225/45/16.

brisvr4

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I was running them at around 27psi Nate so I might try dropping the pressure next time out. It should start to get nice and cold here in the next month or so too so that will help!
Most definitely Paul, It's a bugger that we couldn't spend more time with you guys this trip mate. Give me heaps of notice for your next adventure over here and I'll be sure to take some time off work so you can get the grand tour including a track night!
I'll even let you run mine down the strip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Looks like i'm famous over here now, note the look of intense concentration! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Sweet! You should be shooting to break my 11.0 @ 126 pass without nitrous, the 10.8@ 131 "with nitrous" isn't really fair to compare against a non-nitrous car.

any info/pics on the setup and car? Im definitely interested in seeing more.

brisvr4

I hope so Nate! I'll snap a few fresh pics tonight and get them and a bit more info posted up then.

brisvr4

Here is the Video of the 11.42 run. Note that the White car Re-lighted in a pretty big way!
Excuse the sound as well please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
11.42 run

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts