The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

never take the rubber islolators out of rear evo shocks

gtluke

they make your car feel like a pile of noisy crap. i took them off trying to level out my suspension, and it did drop it like 1/2". I didn't really notice at first but after a while it started to really piss me off with the rattles. I cut a 1.5 coils out of them and put the isolators back in and the car feels MINT now and is remarkably quieter.. Sits nice too. BTW i'm using espiler lowering springs on MR Bilstiens.
The missing rubber isolators made the rear end whine amplify like CRAZY in the trunk. sounded like i was driving a UPS truck! haha. all better now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheekychimp

Sounds like my car with the solid rear subframe mounts. I have to pull that sh*t back out and either find a new subframe to bolt up with the poly bushings or grind off the solid mounts and install the bushings on this one.

gtluke

I have the eurothane subframe mounts in it and it did make it louder, but taking the isolators out made it 3 times as loud, really odd. haha probably compounded the noise factor.
car feels REALLY good now. I've got it nice and leveled out. I do need to do a performance alignment on it though. I'm pretty sure I could hold more G's in turns than my miata now and do it with considerably more power to the wheels. it's VERY VERY neutral land predictable now.
i guess i need to focus on putting together a better powerplant, the 200k+ engine is pushing smoke after i get on it for a while. I'm afraid to do a compression test, but who knows maybe the head is just crap. maybe the turbo. meh, i'll wait for something to explode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tommyp

Luke, Does the rear suspension parts I bought from you about a year ago have these rubber isolators? Or do I need to find them?

gtluke

yeah you got them tommy, i never took them out of those.

I ask for pictures to see how the cut springs look. I thought my ride height was perfect without them being cut but I had the kyb evo struts & 18" wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtluke

our cars are funny. when the wheel gaps are the same the rocker panel isn't level with the street. to make the car level the rear end has to be down like an inch.
that's how i see it anyway.
and my situation is exaggerated because i have no wing, no spare or tools, fiberglass trunk and no metal rear bumper (JDM) so there is seriously 125lbs missing from the back of the car so it probably sits higher than most.

gtluke

549719449_TZQL9-XL.jpg

549719266_tdY59-XL.jpg

NateCrisman

Nice inspection sticker.

gtluke

fuckin guy put a 9 sticker on my window when i failed inspection in january. 9 months free!

turbowop

DAmn, Luke. I always expected your car to look like crap. It actually looks good with the JDM bumpers and RX7 wheels and lowered. Nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Makes me want to find a set of those wheels for 503 and do the 5lug swap.

gtluke

yeah i dunno, it's got a lot of door dings so i'm thinking about parting it out.

they are 225 50 16's

that center cap won't hold in anymore, not sure why but it started last weekend. pissing me off. with the rx7 rims the axle pushes the center cap out about 2mm but they always stayed in, until now. grrr

most of my car is spray paint, and it's chipped off in the front because the girlfriend smashed it into a curb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thecman02

Ummm you car is way cleaner bodywize then my car. I hope to god your joking about parting it out!

gtluke

I was making fun of nathan for parting out cars because they have a lot of door dings

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned