The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need help removing a stuck spindle.

Vr4junkie

Ok so i tried to get this spindle out I soaked it in wd40 left it sitting there for some time used a torch heated it up hit it on the side still nothing. Other side came right off I'm planning on changing the bearings and seals but I can't seem to get it off I know it's already screwed up so ill be getting another one.

GSTwithPSI

I used a 3 jaw puller. You can pick one up pretty cheap at Harbor Freight. I'd try and heat it with a torch again, like you were doing before, then use a puller. Be careful, if you mushroom the spindle shaft too much, it won't clear the cup.

WP_000179.jpg

WP_000180.jpg

WP_000181.jpg

Vr4junkie

ok im ganna have to buy one of those tommorrow wish I would of waited before I pounded the crap out of it.

EHmotorsports

Next time leave the nut at least 1/2-3/4 of the way on if you NEED to hit it with anything.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looks likely ruined to me unless you can have a machinist fix the threads.

Vr4junkie

ohh its ruined alright im ganna have to replace it wouldn’t feel comfortable using it again im sure some one here has one laying around somewhere .

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned