The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help! Engine stall problem

TFT880SNY

Whenever i press the gas half or full throttle, engine stalls after i release the gas pedal. I have a feeling that it is a MAF problem not giving the right signal to the ECU because of the HKS SSQV installed. Anyone has the same experience? And if so, is there a solution for this? Hope to hear from you soon guys! Thank you!

vtecds1

Is it recirculated or venting to the atmosphere? I've had some luck before venting to the atmosphere where it would not die out, but some had problems with the car idling and stalling. Also, was it having problems before or did it start after the install? Did you do anything else to the car?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned