The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help ASAP! Does this wire hook to the alternator? solved

stealthtt24

Well I ASSumed that this wire got disconnected by the poly motor mount and hooked it to the alternator. Now my car dies randomly and two grounding wires are smoking/melted? Halp?

IMAG0127.jpg

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Per this thread, it looks like nothing is suppose to be attached to that post. Anyone confirm that?

77470-0-0-0.jpg

77472-0-0-0.jpg

stealthtt24

I figured out why my wires were melted and the car shut off, stupid Walmart battery. Anyone on the hanging wire?

mitsuturbo

That wire should NOT be connected there. No wire should be connected to that post. That post is there simply to hold down some retainer for the harness there.

stealthtt24

Thank you. I wasn't sure as my battery died Saturday and wasn't sure if it wad related. It's disconnected now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned