The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NEED a running engine

citymunky

I might be going down to one vehicle here petty soon which is going to be 1505/2000. However 1505 is only a shell, with that being said I'm looking for a usable 4G63T shortblock or longblock that I can drop in.

I been looking locally here for almost month, nobody have one. The closest I can find in South PA however nobody wants to fright a motor (which would be cheaper than me driving my Titan there). I even looked for running 1g's, still nothing.

If you or someone you know has a spare motor that needs to find a new home let me know.

broke down

I have one, 6 bolt longblock with turbo and manifolds and everything else, ready to drop in, I'm in eastern indiana though. I just got quotes on shipping a trans, it was over 200. A long block is going to be much more, I'm assuming. I think it may be worth the drive. I have lots of other stuff too, if you need anything, may be worth the drive to buy my other stuff also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you want I can pm my phone number, may be easier than pm'ing back and forth.

citymunky

I would cost me over $460 in gas just to get there, and that not counting a hotel room. (I drive a Titan) Plus it would take 2 days to 2 1/2 days for me to go and come back. Clearly shipping is better the choice.

However I would like to know how for the Longblock by itself. Mileage? Compression? 100% stock? If not what was done to it?

Last edited:

jmelocik

Not sure how much you are willing to spend for a trip but I'm just north of Fayetteville, NC and I have a complete rebuilt 6 bolt motor from valve cover to oil pan. Includes alternator, ps pump, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, I think I have some OEM 1g injectors in it, pm me on here and we can work something out if you are interested. I'll have the wife dig out the receipts so I can give you more information.

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned