The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need a new gas tank, mine burst

dsmtalontsi95

Does anyone make a new tank for our galants? I did a search here and said rock auto did back in the day but I don't see it on there site anymore. I went to start the car last night and herd a pop and a hiss. When I got to the back of the car I see the length of the tank is wet and leaking gas. How did that even happen? How did it build enough pressure to do that? Aren't therer fail safes for that?

AnotherNewb

For some reason I was hoping to see a picture of a sploded gas tank.

Your tank didn't rupture, you more than likely blew a line. Pull the access plate in the trunk and look for a split line.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
At this point, unless you find a used one you are out of luck for a replacement. I thought someone in PA or NJ had one for sale on here.

dsmtalontsi95

Quoting AnotherNewb:
For some reason I was hoping to see a picture of a sploded gas tank.

Your tank didn't rupture, you more than likely blew a line. Pull the access plate in the trunk and look for a split line.

I hope your right. The length of the tank was wet and the gas was drippingin the center of the tank, not off to the driver side. How long are the rubber lines? I just can't wait to get home and figure this out. I'm so close to starting the car.

dsmtalontsi95

It wasn't the tank, thank god. Line busted, and I had a spare.

alansupra94

I have yet to see an exploded gas tank.

Came in for pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned