The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

turbowop

Interior resto looks great! That's exactly how I clean carpet in my cars. Pressure washer ftw.

BTW, I actually just got a Fanatec setup a couple weeks ago. A bunch of my buddies are into iRacing and one of them wasn't using his setup much so I picked it up from him. It's not the Rennsport seat like yours, but the next version down, with the Porsche GT3 RS wheel. It's a blast to use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

the_underdog

Quoting turbowop:
Interior resto looks great! That's exactly how I clean carpet in my cars. Pressure washer ftw.

BTW, I actually just got a Fanatec setup a couple weeks ago. A bunch of my buddies are into iRacing and one of them wasn't using his setup much so I picked it up from him. It's not the Rennsport seat like yours, but the next version down, with the Porsche GT3 RS wheel. It's a blast to use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thank you Mark! Congrats on the Fanatec pickup! I've heard nothing but great things about iRacing. Enjoy it!

snailspool

Looking at your interior pictures, i was like "would you look at that, just look at it!"

click

So clean!

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

the_underdog

Quoting snailspool:
Looking at your interior pictures, i was like "would you look at that, just look at it!"

click

So clean!

Haha, I love Ed Bassmaster!

the_underdog

Hi Everyone, update time!

Here's the latest video, where we focus on the outside of the car and work to get our shine back.

YouTube - Galant VR-4: Interior & Exterior Detail - Part 2

Thank you for watching! -Tom

IMG_288.jpg

G

Staff member
This is funny.

MellowVR4

I need to do that to my exterior, mine is oxidies also, plus a bunch of hail dents compliments from the South /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

the_underdog

Thank you for checking it out everyone, I appreciate it!

MellowVR4 Good luck with your car clean up! I tell ya, the hail here is crazy. A couple years ago we had a massive hail storm that damaged tens of thousands of homes and new/used cars. The owners must've had my Galant in the garage at the time because every car sitting out in West Knoxville sustained severe hail damage.

transparentdsm

wow the car is really coming leaps and bounds. i thought you picked a clean car to begin with, but seeing this, just wow. for the portion where you cleaned the muffler tips, i was truly surprised, i have used tinfoil and coca-cola to clean that kinda stuff off before, but you need to polish it after, i like the polish and clean in one step stuff you have.

BoostedAWD91

welcome to the board Tom and i also love the videos, you do a great job with them! Also your video motivated me to finally rip out the carpet and give it a good cleaning as well which i have been putting off way to long. Now that my Evo is sold, the galant is finally gonna get some love and attention again.

the_underdog

Quoting transparentdsm:
wow the car is really coming leaps and bounds. i thought you picked a clean car to begin with, but seeing this, just wow. for the portion where you cleaned the muffler tips, i was truly surprised, i have used tinfoil and coca-cola to clean that kinda stuff off before, but you need to polish it after, i like the polish and clean in one step stuff you have.

Thank you, I appreciate it and I'm glad you found that tip useful!

the_underdog

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
welcome to the board Tom and i also love the videos, you do a great job with them! Also your video motivated me to finally rip out the carpet and give it a good cleaning as well which i have been putting off way to long. Now that my Evo is sold, the galant is finally gonna get some love and attention again.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm glad you enjoy the videos! Good to hear that you got out there and cleaned up the old Galant too. Have a good one!

bmxr152

Just an fyi about the new forza. No galant vr4 but i heard its coming in a old school car pack.

the_underdog

Quote:
Just an fyi about the new forza. No galant vr4 but i heard its coming in a old school car pack.

Ahh, good to know!

the_underdog

Quoting EHmotorsports:
Welcome Tim! Love the videos!

Thank you!

SleepinGVR4

Tom you have a great collection of cars from your Grand National, Mirage, Talon, ISF and now a Galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I've always enjoyed your videos and the one you did with your Galant was truly motivational.

One day I hope to have a garage setup like yours.

Keep up the great work sir!

4Grim

Like I commented on your youtube video....this GVR4 is blessed to have you as its owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned