The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

the_underdog

Quoting GVR4ZUM:
Hi Tom, Welcome to the board and congrats on your GVR4. I also love the video, especially on the Nissan Sentra part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thank you and I appreciate the warm welcome!

89Mirageman

Tom, you failed to mention your awesome Mazda van /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I've enjoyed your videos for a while now and I look forward to this build. I know that no corners will be cut and it will get the love and attention that it deserves. Congrats on finding an even more rare one too, coming from the original owners.

the_underdog

I finally got some time on the racing simulator earlier today! Of course I took the Galant for a drive...
IMG_7602.jpg

I love the detail in Forza. I sure hope the new Forza still has a Galant in there.
IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

Out of the way whippersnapper! Grandpa's coming through! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
IMG_7593.jpg

GSX_TC

That is one sexy Galant VR4.

MellowVR4

Makes me wanna clean my interior. Like clean it clean it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bobdole

Awesome video.

ApexHunter

Hi Tom!

Discovered your YouTube channel through this thread, and i am enjoying the heck out of it. That RCLS bit...Awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It inspired me to start a support group in my community. Really helped me make it through the grieving that came with the pedal assembly rebuild.

mitsuturbo

Hey TOM. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, but most of all

f***.
YOU.
I hope you get killed by a thousand cockroaches crawling down your throat while you sleep. (ok, not really)

Having said that...

You've got a very nice looking 91. It looks like you got it 100% stock. It's got a sunroof, and it's white. It's clean, and I'm jealous. I post this on my "garage PC" as i'm standing next to my KG 92 that's waiting for the BC RM coilovers that are on the way as well as a new mani-turbo gasket and maybe a new oil feed line/filter. I look over and just wish it was a 91 and white with a sunroof... and without a somewhat crumpled spot in the floorboard (that nobody else can see or would know about) from some dickwad putting a jack in the wrong place at some point during the car's life. You've got a 1g Talon just like the one i wish i still had, and you had a turbo mirage like i've always wanted. You sir, can go f*** goats, because i am fully jealous of your shitty mitsubishi vehicles.

Very nice. Keep posting pictures. Good luck with the restoration/build, and if you ever want to sell either of those cars... just don't. You'd regret it.

the_underdog

Quoting turbowop:
Awesome! So jelly of that setup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Thank you Mark! I won that racing simulator in a contest. I planned on making a DIY one for years, but never got around to it. It all started when I made a video of my lift install and shortly after posting it to YouTube, I found out that the lift manufacturer (BendPak) was having a contest where they were looking for videos like mine for entries in their "show your lift love" contest. The rest is history and I really do enjoy it. I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but even a budget DIY setup with a good wheel/pedal/shifter combo would be great fun.

YouTube - Epic Racing Simulator

the_underdog

Quoting GSX_TC:

Haha, I agree! Do you have Forza? It is fun to mod out the VR-4 in the game, change out the wheels, paint, tweak settings, etc.

the_underdog

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Tom, you failed to mention your awesome Mazda van /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I've enjoyed your videos for a while now and I look forward to this build. I know that no corners will be cut and it will get the love and attention that it deserves. Congrats on finding an even more rare one too, coming from the original owners.

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words sir! The Galant is a great car that seems to have much more soul than my Talon. Does that seem weird to say?

I do love my van dearly and have become incredibly attached to it. Part of the fun is how much the kids love it. Riding around in it at the shootout was great fun too, haha!

IMG_0516.jpg

the_underdog

Quoting MellowVR4:
Makes me wanna clean my interior. Like clean it clean it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Oh I hear ya, it's a chore but the results are totally worth it. It makes the car a great place to spend time in. Also cleaning up the carpet/etc. in this way gets rid of any strange smells which lets that signature 90's Mitsubishi leather scent permeate the air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_underdog

Quoting bobdole:
Awesome video.

Thank you! I need to see some more pictures of yours for inspiration!

the_underdog

Quoting ApexHunter:
Hi Tom!

Discovered your YouTube channel through this thread, and i am enjoying the heck out of it. That RCLS bit...Awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It inspired me to start a support group in my community. Really helped me make it through the grieving that came with the pedal assembly rebuild.

Thank you and I'm glad you're enjoying the videos! Haha, RCLS came about when I was talking with someone who was complaining at great length about how stiff and miserable his clutch pedal was. It sounded like someone describing a medical condition which blended with a foggy memory I had of Road Race Engineering measuring calf sizes of ACT 2600 owners many years ago. Good luck in your healing process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_underdog

Quote:
Hey TOM. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, but most of all

f***.
YOU.
I hope you get killed by a thousand cockroaches crawling down your throat while you sleep. (ok, not really)

Having said that...

You've got a very nice looking 91. It looks like you got it 100% stock. It's got a sunroof, and it's white. It's clean, and I'm jealous. I post this on my "garage PC" as i'm standing next to my KG 92 that's waiting for the BC RM coilovers that are on the way as well as a new mani-turbo gasket and maybe a new oil feed line/filter. I look over and just wish it was a 91 and white with a sunroof... and without a somewhat crumpled spot in the floorboard (that nobody else can see or would know about) from some dickwad putting a jack in the wrong place at some point during the car's life. You've got a 1g Talon just like the one i wish i still had, and you had a turbo mirage like i've always wanted. You sir, can go f*** goats, because i am fully jealous of your shitty mitsubishi vehicles.

Very nice. Keep posting pictures. Good luck with the restoration/build, and if you ever want to sell either of those cars... just don't. You'd regret it.

This is such a fascinating post! Insulting, complimentary, mildly threatening, informative, disturbing... I love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you and these cars are interesting beasts for sure. I do feel lucky that I found a stock, one-owner example. It's not perfect, but has no fatal flaws or anything that bugs me every time I look at it. I've had cars like that and it can get sorta tiresome. Regarding my old Mirage, the Galant feels very similar to it from the driver's seat. Similar seating position, dash, long throw shifter, view over the hood, overall feel etc. I think that's why I've grown attached to it. I loved the Mirage on the never-ending straight stretches in Florida, but once I moved to Tennessee it wasn't a fun car to drive on the twisty mountain roads. The Galant, however, is a hoot! Good luck with your car and with all due respect I will not be having relations with any goats. Those days are behind me.

the_underdog

Oh and here are some completed interior pics (from the video) that I meant to upload earlier:

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

mitsuturbo

I just peed a little.

It's so nice and clean and low miles and... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting the_underdog:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Haha, I agree! Do you have Forza? It is fun to mod out the VR-4 in the game, change out the wheels, paint, tweak settings, etc.

Nope don't have it, heard there's one for the new gran turismo so Gonna see how that one is.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned