The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

the_underdog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting ejc:</font><hr />
Good job Tom, you have moved the car to another level. As others have said very inspirational!

I’m curious if you experience FPR overrun with the walbro 255 and no aftermarket FPR? Is link helping control this?
I ask because of the common debate if an AFPR should be used with a 255 pump.

Thank you

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Thank you sir! I am finding that my idle is pretty rich, but other than that I am not noticing any drivability issues or weird stuff in the logs. That said, I don't have a wideband installed yet, so I'll report back once I do. I plan to try my aeromotive FPR that was leftover from the Talon. It bolts on easily to the stock fuel rail using an adapter.

Last edited:

the_underdog

Quote:
Fiending for a new video, Tom! Any updates on the car since the Shootout?

Thanks man, I'm glad you look forward to them! I'll have some updates to share soon. In the meantime, here are some pictures from my Shootout trip. It was awesome meeting everyone, I only wish I had more time to hang out.

And we're off! The trip was fantastic thanks to the perfect weather and light traffic. The car ran perfectly the whole way up and back too. I got a little over 28mpg at 75-80mph and the air conditioner going.
IMG_9804.jpg

On the way up I made a little detour to the Summit Racing retail store in Tallmadge, Ohio. Needless to say, the place is just incredible to behold. This is only part of the building, they have a giant warehouse and office building adjacent to this.
IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

Somehow I managed to get a shot of the car in Ohio without corn in the background.
IMG_3201.jpg

Hanging out at Buschur Racing on Friday was great fun as always.
IMG_3230.jpg

Mike's super long haul VR-4 after a dyno blast!
IMG_3211.jpg

There was so much to see at Summit Motorsports Park on Saturday.
IMG_3235.jpg

Like the incredible lineup of VR-4s! Mine is the white one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

The chair in my hotel room. I've had this same room for two years running and the chair hasn't changed a bit- it's become tradition!
IMG_9823.jpg

Hope to see y'all there next year!

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Quoting the underdog:
The chair in my hotel room. I've had this same room for two years running and the chair hasn't changed a bit- it's become tradition!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif that's classic. One might find themselves asking questions, only to realize they don't really want the answers. Reminds me of this gem.

G

Staff member
Oh man, does the vr4 now have bed bugs?

GSX_TC

Lol can't believe they havent cleaned or replaced that chair haha.

strokin4dr

My wife just saw me browsing the board and asked, "Are there any new TurboTom videos? Wait, it's Tom's turbo garage, right? Look and see if he posted a new one." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You have a fan club my friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

IncorpoRatedX

my girlfriend will walk into the living room on a sunday and hear me watching something, she'll ask 'are you watching tom?' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

the_underdog

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif that's classic. One might find themselves asking questions, only to realize they don't really want the answers. Reminds me of this gem.

Haha, I hadn't seen that before!! Thanks for the laugh!

the_underdog

Quote:
Oh man, does the vr4 now have bed bugs?

Ha! Well, I checked the room real good after hearing some serious horror stories about bed bugs over the years. It checked out, but the pube factor was disturbingly high.

the_underdog

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Great pictures, Tom. Thanks for sharing. What's next for the Galant?

Thank you sir, glad to! As for the Galant, I plan on driving it most every day until winter comes. I don't have anything major planned for it, but I may have a couple more tricks up my sleeve! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

the_underdog

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol can't believe they havent cleaned or replaced that chair haha.

I know Mike! I need to deliver it to CSI. Haha!

the_underdog

Quoting strokin4dr:
My wife just saw me browsing the board and asked, "Are there any new TurboTom videos? Wait, it's Tom's turbo garage, right? Look and see if he posted a new one." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You have a fan club my friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Haha! Thanks Ryan, that's hilarious! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_underdog

Quoting Alpha Male:
my girlfriend will walk into the living room on a sunday and hear me watching something, she'll ask 'are you watching tom?' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Oh man, I've said it before and I'll say it again... this female awareness/tolerance of my goofball videos just blows my mind! Haha!

the_underdog

Hello All,

Here's the latest video update on the old Galant, I hope you enjoy it!

Project Street Sleeper: Non-Sleeper Mode | YouTube.com

Here are some big desktop wallpaper size photos that I took the other day: VR-4 Wallpaper

Also, in case you haven't heard, my old buddy Joe and I have started a weekly podcast called "The Tom and Joe Auto Show" We're having lots of fun doing it and hope you'll give it a listen!
Hear it on iTunes
Listen on YouTube
MP3 download/streaming version
Feed URL for podcast apps

1a.jpg

89Mirageman

Once again, awesome job. Looks like I need to walk through the Volvo section at the junkyard too. I can't believe nobody has thought of those wheels before for their GVR4, CSM or Expo/Summit wagons.

transparentdsm

i was thinking the same thing, except i have been looking for them just didnt realize it was from a volvo. ill have to make a run down there myself now...

also yet another amazing video.

Last edited:

fuel

the reason why the first gen S40/V40 rims are a perfect fit, is because that car was developed in conjunction with the Mitsubishi Carisma, which itself is a modified version of the Lancer/Mirage platform. In Europe, the S40/V40 can be equipped with the 4G93 1.8L Mitsubishi GDI engine. You can bolt Evo1/2/3 front suspension right into the S40/V40, however out back it is slightly different from the Lancer/Mirage.

Wookalar

One of the cleanest e39a engine bays I've seen, it looks like it could used for oem reference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned