The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Galant GSX build

faqinshiet

Thanks Martin! Good seeing you last night!

I forgot I had the windshield replaced a couple weeks ago also. Removed the wiper arms also because the splines stripped. So I've to figure out how to remove the wiper linkage with out breaking the two black vents.

Trimmed two plastic pieces off the knock sensor and now runs amazing! Also got the bumper clip in to hold the side of the bumper on great!

idreamidrive

Any plans for paint? Also, what did you do with the old front bumper? I am looking for one since I just got hit at Costco a couple of weeks ago and it cracked the fog light area.

faqinshiet

Thinking about painting maybe next year. Have to make sure I have replacement parts for the trim and such just in case. Man that sucks! An accident is my fear! Especially with the bumpers! The bumper was thrown away but it was GSX bumper. If any bumper works there is a blue base model at pyp and a white and blue ones at ecology.

MellowVR4

sweet!

faqinshiet

Bought a new set of 4 bolt axle cups from Jnz

Went to junk yard and got an extra set of seat belt buckles for some evo seat. Will be getting rear diff that was rebuilt back from TRE on Friday! Have a bunch of things I want to get done on the galant.

Last edited:

faqinshiet

And got my rebuilt transmission back from TRE today

Jon has been in contact throughout the whole build but usually him calling me. So basically it his stage 2 build with Evo 3 1st, double 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 93-99 (Jon recommended just in case for higher rpm shifting) and 4 spider center diff.
I sent the transmission on 10/14 and it arrived 11/9 but I arranged to have it held at FedEx till I was off work. not sure when it will go in but still have parts to buy.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

A buddy of mine used TRE for a rebuild/upgrade to his Evo VIII trans. Best shifting Mitsu trans i've ever experienced. He was a good friend of mine and let me drive that car since the day he bought it new off the lot in 03. I can say that the TRE trans felt even better. I hope to do the same eventually, but have been kind of on the fence because it seemed like a bunch of people had experienced slow turn around and difficult communication.

Glad to hear you've had a good experience thus far, and that turn around time is awesome!

faqinshiet

That sounds awesome! I have read that others love TRE's work. Can't wait to get it in with the rear diff and broken in. Will have to research if I can use my front axles or if I have to get 1g dsm's and if the GSX transfer case also work.
After talking to him multiple times on the phone prior to work starting I was happy with Jon wanting to build this transmission for my specific build and deires for the car. One thing is you can't get him by phone cause his messages are always full

GSTwithPSI

There are a lot of nice parts here. I'm excited to see them all come together in your build. It's crazy to see what this car started as, and where it's at now. Keep up the great work!

G

Staff member
Nice, how much was the tre bill?

4Grim

Excellent build sir...definitely quality work and parts going into this Galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned