The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My car in all its glory. Is this savable? (Rust)

gvr4ever

Given the prices I see the USDM Galants selling for, versus the cost of a JDM 6G VR4 import then thats the reason for using the word 'cheap'. Should have used the word 'cheaper' instead.
Wasn't trying to bust balls, but between the age of the cars, inflation, lack of clean USDM GVR4s, I feel the age of cheap clean cars are gone.

An extreme example. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mitsubishi-galant-vr-4-6/

That is nearing the original sticker cost. Still peanuts compared to clean Fox Body Mustangs and Nissan vintage cars. Even DSMs and 3K VR4s are bringing more. The only thing keeping VR4s cheap are/where, they are mostly unknown.

Last edited:

Vr4Ape35

Did you ever get in contact with that guys info I gave you for shell?
Yes and I saved his info. He said his galant (the one you saw photos of) has rotted rockers as well. He also said he just got a new shell from Florida rust free, but plans on swapping his parts over to it. If I can save up some money I might call him back eventually about his new shell.

miller

Wasn't trying to bust balls, but between the age of the cars, inflation, lack of clean USDM GVR4s, I feel the age of cheap clean cars are gone.

An extreme example. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mitsubishi-galant-vr-4-6/

That is nearing the original sticker cost. Still peanuts compared to clean Fox Body Mustangs and Nissan vintage cars. Even DSMs and 3K VR4s are bringing more. The only thing keeping VR4s cheap are/where, they are mostly unknown.

That looks a beautifull example, you can see the value in that and yet to bring a car to that standard then 19k is cheap!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned