The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

avid motor mounts

I can't get a clear answer.... would 1g dsm avid motor mounts fit my vr4? obviously the engine bays are of different dimensions. I'd like to order all four in the kit

prove_it

I thought one of our mounts were different? Or are these just inserts?

Boostdtalon

i think its the rear IIRC. i'm interested in these as i will be replacing my side mount and was thinking of ordering this kit as they offer one for street.

BluFalcon

These are the mounts that bolt to the unibody and subframe of the cars, and not the brackets that bolt to the engine block so they should work in a VR-4. The only thing that's significantly different between the 1G AWD and GVR-4 motor mounting setup is the bracket that bolts to the front of the block. Everything else should be interchangeable between the two cars. The Avid transmission mount doesn't incorporate the small "ears" for the MAS can mount, but it should work just like the OEM piece. I've been considering a set of these for my car myself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned