The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Motor mount/subframe issues?

Lofty

Hey guys, I got the engine in my GVR4 tonight and am now kind of confused. I've been having a hell of a time trying to get everything aligned right, so here's my question.
(Yes i've pulled motors and installed them before)

My problem is that I have the timing side mount in (From a 1g AWD)

I also have the GVR4 specific 344 front bracket on the engine.

It seems that atleast one mount doesnt want to align right, and this mount is now the rear one.

I have my DSM WHOLE front K member (front subframe) in the GVR4.
The subframe was from a 1g AWD.
( I had a front end collision, but I really don't think it tweaked the subframe as the cross beam that goes front to rear of the car bolted in)

If the mounts are all inter changable and stuff, why does it seem my mount isn't lining up? Maybe the rear is upside down?
(I don't see how)

Here's a picture.

381819_10150443682957556_541367555_8412480_2028710123_n.jpg

dmj

Looks like the mount in the pic is bolted in the wrong direction,You may try turning the mount around as it should face closer to the engine. On another note the Galant has 4 bolts on the rear mount.

ghostinthevr4

I installed my motor about a week or two ago and have had similar problems your having. If I remember correctly the rear motor mount can only go in one way so I dont think you have it in there wrong, but double check to make sure. What helped me finally get it in there is taking off the front motor mount bracket that is attached to the enginge. Here comes the crappy part, I hope you got your car on jacks and can some how manage to get a good jack that reach that purple motor mount bracket of yours.

You gotta fit the jack under the car and in between your engine hoist, this is why you need the car lifted high on some jack stands. With your jack go up on the purple mount be creative use wood blocks or something if you have to. If you have the bolt in on the timing side I think you might have to take that out too to help the rear mount go in. Once you get the bolt in the rear mount don't tighten it work on the timing side, you may have to also use the jack on your oil pan just make sure to use a piece of wood so you dont dent the pan.

Once that side is in put on your front motor mount bracket and use the jack once again to align the bolt holes in the block to your bracket. It's not fun but with good adjustments on the jack and engine hoist you should be able to line up with the holes.

Lofty

Well I took the purple motor mount off.

The motor had nothing to bolt to the subframe so I put it back on.

-_-

Anyways, I swapped the subframes on it and it fits like a glove, see anything wrong with this?

384361_10150447653307556_541367555_8426517_1550644745_n.jpg

393438_10150447652727556_541367555_8426515_1638018089_n.jpg

Thank you so much guys, really didn't think I messed up the rear roller mount, but I did.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned