The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stuck on a 1g swap in #26/ 2000

505VR4

Im stuck on a engine swap. Im doing a 1g fully built engine swap and don't have the right front engine bracket. i have the original vr4 front cross member n front motor mount. my question is will a 1g front engine bracket fit the vr4 mount? or do i need the vr4 specific front engine bracket for the front motor mount?

prove_it

Do you mean the forward mount bracket that sits below the turbo? If so, then yes, it's a GVR4 specific mount bracket. It should be numbered 344. They are rare too.

505VR4

yea its that bracket. i swapped in a 92 1g n cant find my bracket when it got back from a shop that did the engine build. but as a 1g engine wont it need the 1g front bracket? i heard a galant gsx front bracket will work too.

LIV4PSI

No, it needs a Galant bracket. The blocks are identical, it's the positioning of the front mount that is slightly different

prove_it

Quoting 505VR4:
yea its that bracket. i swapped in a 92 1g n cant find my bracket when it got back from a shop that did the engine build. but as a 1g engine wont it need the 1g front bracket? i heard a galant gsx front bracket will work too.

The Galant GSX bracket will work, but that's just as rare. Only the GSX though, the fwd will not.

G

Staff member
Are you talking about MB436490 or MD133344 ?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned