The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Modern Automotive Performance

CarRacer

I've purchased quite a few parts from Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) as they are a local business. I've done sales three ways, either by phone, in store or through their website. I've had zero issues using their site, the problem is when I call in an order or order in person. The two times I've not used their website I've had issues.

I ordered Ksport camber plates after stopping by their shop and the salesman didn't realize they're not sold as sets but rather individually. I had to wait an additional week for the second plate to come in. They are ksport dealers, I think they should know their catalog.
I called in an order for t bolt clamps last week, the order was entered into their system, but no parts were ordered. Salesman couldn't respond with a reason why that happened.

I think that customers who order from them should be aware that the people who are filling their orders are pretty incompetent.

Scientist

I waited 3 months for flywheel bolts. they sent them after i had moved on and ordered from JNZ

conquesttsi

I ordered gauges and a pod from them. I didn't know they drop shipped almost everything. I got the gauges but not the pod. When I got my order confirmation it clearly stated I would be contacted again with tracking info once my Items shipped. They never contacted me with the tracking. When I contacted them via email to advise them the pod had not shown up and to ask for tracking they never responded to my inquiry. The second half of my order just showed up one day. I got my stuff but I can't say much for the customer service and it is for that reason that I now take my business elsewhere.

mitsuturbo

I had almost the same exact problems with maperformance as previously described here. I didn't feel like posting it in the forum like this, but now i realize it was not an isolated incident. Everything the guys before me said seems to be spot on with what i encountered as well.

Last edited:

crimsondragon

They're really slipping. I bought a CFDF clutch kit, OEM TOB, and a Fidanza Steel Flywheel off them like last week. I got the clutch but everything else is no show. I ordered through Chris and contacted him again. He said he'll look into it for me. That was yesterday and no response so far.

CarRacer

I tried to give MAP another shot today on a sales transaction and had another bad experience.

When I tried to check out, I logged in with a username I had setup on their site that retained my information to save time entering it for every order. After entering my Username/password, it showed the information from somebody else. It still had my last name entered but had somebody else's name in front of it.

img.php

I then called MAP to alert them of this issue so they could fix it and prevent customer data from being released. I informed the guy on the phone about the issue and he had zero interest in dealing with it. He told me that he didn't deal with that section of the website and that I should email the guy who did. He also suggested that I could place my order through the phone if I didn't want to use the website. He took no initiative to solve this situation or seemed like he understood the serious nature of the database problem.

I would suggest taking your business elsewhere if you want to keep your information private.

mountaineerjeff

also in for similar experience. I have made pretty much 100% of my purchases through MAP, and all thought their prices and selection normally come through, theyre sales people are lacking big time. On their defense I have had a couple that went way above and beyond, but me getting the wrong parts, or having to walk them through the process is the norm

Nartanian

Think it might have been a browser issue? In either case, that's a pretty serious problem.

minneSNOWta

It seems there is a lot of beef with MAP. The kid I bought the car from told me not to go through MAP because of the bad talk on different forums. Since they are located in the twin cities, it was easy for a friend to grab revised ITM lifters for me on his way back up north. I gave him $100 because he thought it was enough. They costed $96 plus tax and they waived some of the tax and took the $100. I would call that a pretty good experience with customer service, which seems to be the biggest issue brought up about them. My brother said they are dicks. A Honda friend has praise about their stroker builds and is well aware of the beef on forums. On some DSM forum I came across, all I saw was post after post of praise. Do they do legit builds?

I've only had great experiences with MAP but I dont use the website to order stuff. Perhaps theres a disconnect with the good people running the website and the guys who process orders.

I always just PM Adam (Adam@map or something like that) on EvoM. He just sends me a price for the parts and I send a paypal. Quick and easy, and its always been sent out the next day.

So while I cant comment on all of MAP, Adam is amazing and I have never heard anything bad about him.

i understand evryone's frustration. I've learned a long time ago to deal directly with dealers so they can be held accountable and you can ask them direct questions.

In my experiance i dont usually process orders thru any web site because mainly i dont trust the internet for anything other than paypal and my cell phone bill..haha. Also i would much rather talk to someone that can actually check stock in hand and advise me on my purchase. just my 2 cents.

I placed a ~400 order with them the other day and i believe i talked to andy. I forget exactly. he was absolutely helpful and eager to help me even tho he and his team was busy as hell when i called. i ordered late in the day and i had the parts the next day. I had a good experience. hopefully someone else will also.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned