The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What happened to the Superpro/Whiteline GVR4 Group Buy?

GHETTOSwing

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone recieved their orders from the SuperPro/Whiteline group buy back in November/December 05'? Because I have not. It was run by member name "dsmracer" I've emailed and PM'd him with no reply. I tried looking through the archives for the original post, but could not find it (Deleted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) The original post said there was a back order of about 3 months, and it's been about double that now. So, I was wondering if I was the only one who hasn't recieved their order, or what?

GHETTOSwing

Oh man, that's what I was afraid of, hopefully all of it really will get taken care of soon. Otherwise, he's got alot of Angry people after him, myself included /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif (and I happen to go to LA several Times a year, SD's not much further...Anyone got a set of VINS they wanna sell? I might come back with another VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif ) *Just breath...Happy thoughts...* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Anyways, thanks for the update, at least I know what is happening now.

CO VR4

From the 4g61 site, posted yesterday:

Quote:
The VR-4 sold this Sunday. Expect things to start happening by weeks end. I'll give an update Friday of who's getting what.

If you lost money on this deal, and the above is accurate, you'd better get in line and shout out loudly ASAP.

nrvous

I lost money on the deal. I have been in email contact with Jason at Evol-ART for the past few months, who continues to ensure me the money will be refunded.

I have lost hope of actually seeing my money, since a paypal dispute has to be within 45 days. I went through and opened an escalation anyway.

Here is the contact information for Evol-Art or Jason Veraldi.

Address of Evol-Art posted on their site.
2033 San Elijo Ave. #464,
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA 92007 USA
[email protected]
Phone: (760)633-1622
Fax: (760)753-5825

Looking up the domain name in the registry...
Jason Veraldi
5620 Paseo del Norte #127-535
Carlsbad CA 92008-4444
[email protected]
1-760-550-8386

For what it's worth, I'm going to contact Whiteline on Monday to see if the order for this group buy was ever placed. My guess is that it wasn't.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Jason never placed the group buy order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anybody that lost out on this can order replacement parts from me at cost (the real cost, Jason was charging you guys above cost and telling you that it was cost). Good luck to you all in recovering your funds. I think a group of people may need to pay Jason a visit and divide up what they can repossess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Is there any form of legal action you guys car take? Seems like this is a little more serious than petty theft. If I remember right, the group buy total from both boards had reached about $4 or $5K??

Luke

Quote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Jason never placed the group buy order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anybody that lost out on this can order replacement parts from me at cost (the real cost, Jason was charging you guys above cost and telling you that it was cost). Good luck to you all in recovering your funds. I think a group of people may need to pay Jason a visit and divide up what they can repossess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Is there any form of legal action you guys car take? Seems like this is a little more serious than petty theft. If I remember right, the group buy total from both boards had reached about $4 or $5K??

Hi Jesse: Am I glad that you persuaded me to buy my swaybars from you instead of from this groupbuy :)
Now, please get us those whiteline heavy-duty swaybar links :)

GHETTOSwing

Thought I'de update this, as I noticed Jason (dsmracer), the one who setup the GB has posted in the FS section. So update, he basically asked everyone who wanted a refund to dispute it through paypal, where he would supposedly distribute refunds when he "could". Needless to say haven't recieved a thing, much less any contact from him.

sorry to hear that this group buy didn't work out. This is probably why I do not trust new members that post up good deals. "If it is too good to be true, it probably is." Another thing is to always pay by credit card.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Some refunds have gone out, but others are still owed in full, and are still pending. Pending may be too soft, as the term should read; "No communication with shipper is left at this point". I received a refund as I was only owed for a set of bushings, but there are other members at 4g61t.org and over here that are owed thousands of dollars, and of that I am sure. As long as Jason is under pressure, just as I am sure he will read this, I know he can get himself to the point of paying this all down. It is a long road to recovery in this case. My refund took over 1 year since it had been paid.

Hi

Have all got the stuff that you ordered from evol-art??

I'm one of those who didn't get the stuff and that sucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Didn't even get my money back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Has anyone else had an update on this subject since the last post? I haven't seen anything else surface at my usual end over at 4g61t.org, but I figured I would drop into this thread again, and see what has transpired (if anything?). I have an option to exercise for contact, but I'm waiting to hear from people who are willing to try sane avenues of contact to continue to voice there outstanding orders. It blows my mind to think that it is taking this long, so another reason as to why I'm posting now.

Jason Veraldi

2033 San Elijo Avenue, #464
Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
760-550-3199

CP

I thought Evol-Art went bankrupt in 2006 /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif I bought a phenolic spacer from that place on eBay and they never sent it, nor refunded my $60! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/mad.gif

"Yes, please give us some time. We've hit a financial pitfall and have had to fold the company. Expect all debts to be settled asap." Guess not...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned