The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MMCD Help

James

Im browsing google as we speak, but figured posting would be helpful also.

I got MMCD on the palm and it opens up fine. when i plug it in to my car the reading dont change. all zeros or blanks across the board,as if its not reading anything. any suggestions?

PalmIIIc is the palm im using, everything purchased from a member on here

Last edited:

James

im thinking its reading at the wrong speed? but i cant figure out how to change it

James

no, i have enerything i want to log highlighted, when i unclick pause, it cycles everything at the bottle left of the screen before repausing automaticly

James

its currently on screen1, i have the items i want to read highlighted. when i unpause, the dashes to the right of the name (rpm,tps,o2 ect) stay as dashes, its not reading.

James

nothing on both both accounts.

When i just went to option and 'test" it says "serial comm error"

did i maybe get a bad data cord?

pot

Staff member
Thats about the only conclusion left to draw -especially w/ my limited knowledge. There are several FAQ's circulating the net on MMcd as well as plenty of knowledge here. Be patient, soon enough other board members will chime in.

James

i found the correct speed MMCD should be set at under preferences, and my speed was wrong. i changed it to the correct speed and still no luck.

still "serial comm error'

mitsuturbo

You can make a new cable for about $3. It's not difficult, or time consuming. The trip to radio shack will probably take longer than assembly.

If you need a diagram, i may be able to dig one up at home.

I believe i may still have a pocktlogger name and regcode that i wouldn't mind sharing as well. I believe you can DL the software for free. You'd have to rename your palm "sunfighter" and iirc the code is 168613152, but i'll have to double check. I think it's still written in sharpie under one of my doors in 1411/2000.

Last edited:

James

Still waiting to hear back from the user I purchased the setup from, till then illkist be reading about the error till my eyes bleed.

Off topic- my car is a 90 galang gsx, with what's assumed to be a 92 tsi motor and ECU. (the ECU is for sure 92 tsi)

Could this make a difference? I'm sure my diagnostics port is still 90gsx

mitsuturbo

The diag ports should be the same for both cars, as far as i know. I've swapped the ECUs from 90-91 and vice versa.. logger still worked.

James

In my searching I found once incident where the guy said something about a nonturbo o2 sensor wiring, when he put in the turbo o2 sensor wiring it fixed his issue, is why I'm asking.

I know that's a stretch, but yea.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Quoting James:
Still waiting to hear back from the user I purchased the setup from, till then illkist be reading about the error till my eyes bleed.

Off topic- my car is a 90 galang gsx, with what's assumed to be a 92 tsi motor and ECU. (the ECU is for sure 92 tsi)

Could this make a difference? I'm sure my diagnostics port is still 90gsx

I'd think if you converted a GSX to a turbo setup, you would have swapped in a VR4 wiring harness. If you're getting codes and still have a one wire o2 sensor, i suspect that as a likely candidate. Also, what did you do about the knock sensor? Without a knock sensor, you'll get a code as well. Also, the ECU wont give you any timing.

James

I didn't do the swap, I purchased it this way, I know the ECU is out of a 92 talon tsi, the motor/trans I can't say for sure

And I'm not currently throwing any CELs.

Last edited:

ejc

I have a similar problem sometimes and its the connection between the cable and the Palm. On mine I remove the pause and move the cable until I have a connection. Might not be your problem but its easy to try it out!

kinda new to the palm logger stuff but i got a snapon modis with the aldl12 adaptor and couldent connect it ended up bein pin 10 had no signal from i wanna say pin 2 on ecu it was a loose pin fixed that and connects and actuates sensors fine now. found the pinouts on ecmlink website, of u need a link im shure i can find it again. worth a shot. 1 12 and 10 are key 1 and 12 are pulsed 12v and ground dont remember which and 10 is data in and out of ecm aprox 4.5v. lemme know if u find anything.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned