The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Megan Racing Exhaust Mani?

desant78

Looking to maybe buy one...anyone hear things about it? seems too cheap for the exhaust manifold but i'm REALLY new to this game...found one at click

this gonna just crack in a year?

thanks in advance!

GSX_TC

supposed to be prone to cracking, but if you want a good tubular quality mani for the price, DNperformance (DNP) makes dam good ones for our cars man.

here's a link so you can have a look click

Last edited:

GSX_TC

well i speak only by hands on experience, so thats my 2 cents.

4thStroke

So by your hands on experience, you've had a Megan crack on you and a DNP hold up while both went through the same environment?

If the car is daily driven, the FP race manifold is cheap, proven, and will never crack.

Even a coworkers ETS forward facing tubular manifold cracked last weekend at an event.

beaner

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
I'd say DNP and Megan are about the same.

Behold, the power of the internet.

Megan is no different from SSautochrome/XSPower/etc. Not saying it's bad or good. That's just what it is. You can compare many of their products with other "ebay companies" and you begin to realize that it's all the exact same items, with a few of their own unique products mixed in. If you're going to buy a t3 dsm stainless manifold from megan, you might as well just go on eBay and buy the cheapest stainless manifold. There is no reason to be brand loyal until you look at way higher quality stuff like DNP.

As for the reliability, I still don't know what to make of the manifolds. I've seen success and failure with my own eyes. The problem is different metals expand at different rates. That manifold has mild steel flanges on stainless runners. Never seen an issue on a NA header though, only the turbo ones. Perhaps it's from the weight of the turbo hanging off it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif YMMV, good luck.

Terry Posten

Quoting 4thStroke:
If the car is daily driven, the FP race manifold is cheap, proven, and will never crack.

This.

And they will support way over 500whp.

524of1000

From seeing/handling both the DNP and an Ebay Manifold, I will say this: The Ebay manifold I have has been on a running car for about a year and it has not shown any signs of weakness. We did have to modify it a bit to make it fit properly (especially the waste gate tube) and added some extra support to increase potential longevity.
The DNP manifold required NO modification. It felt sturdier and looked better than the ebay manifold by a lot. We did have to modify the downpipe, but that's because the o2 housing we were using was custom made for that manifold/down pipe set up.
In conclusion, I say if you have the funds, go with the DNP. A cast manifold would be better in the long run, but uf you must have tubular, it's a solid manifold. The Ebay WILL WORK, but remember, it's Ebay. It won't be perfect and will likely fail before the DNP. Only time will tell for sure though.

*edit for spelling

Last edited:

broxma

And the Ebay/Megan/GhettoChrome Mani Steve is talking about up there had been reinforced with a few pieces of stainless bar stock to keep it straight. The DNP mani he is talking about is also now the one on my car. To suggest they are "about the same" tells me one of two things. There is a very subjective definition of the word "same" or anyone making the comment has never had both in their hands. There is no comparison, from the gauge of the metal, the coating on the flanges, the penetration of the welds, the cut of the bends, no comparison.

You'll be modifying the ebay mani if you get the 38mm gate option because it will hit the PS pump. This is of course referring to the T3 manifold. If this is for a stock turbo, it makes no sense to not get the cast one from FP or Treadstone. You can also occasionally find the cast stainless ERL manifold for the T3 but I couldn't find one for less than the DNP T3 manifold anywhere. I also don't like the top bend for the gate on the ERL mani, but Ilike the idea of cast stainless.

/brox

GSX_TC

Quoting 4thStroke:
So by your hands on experience, you've had a Megan crack on you and a DNP hold up while both went through the same environment?

Yes exactly. I didn't mention the FP race, because it's not tubular, but that one would last alot longer though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned