The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mega Squirt help

Looking for help to get this up and running. I have it all installed and she starts but stalls out about three seconds after starting.

I am running
550 inj
MSII V3.0
Miata/4g63 trigger mod
firmware 303r
GM sensors.
No EGO sensor at this time
Idle control disabled for now

Just want to get it idling and go from there, This is a hell of a learning curve and quite honestly I am a little lost on where to start.

Rob

ilotalo

Dose your fuelpump run after crank? In my galant i had to make extra relay to get fuelpump running after crank. Megasquirt controls fuelpump GND and original ecu +12v. If i remember right.

That problem sounds just like mine before that mod.

janne

Nope got it, I had misunderstood the manual and had it set at alpha-N, changed it to speed density and bada bing started right up and continued to run.

Do you have good base maps by chance?

By the way I modded the relay to a daisy chain configuration, It is real nice and it can be replaced easily no hacking of the stock harness on the ecu side, and on the engine side all I did was GM sensors so I could convert back if wanted.

Rob

PMed you my email.

Why did you go back to dsm, if you don't mind me asking?

Did you not like the Megasquirt?

Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned