The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help.

gvr4ever

I need some help with my car if anyone can volunteer in person who is near central Indiana.

My car runs rough, hesitates, can't get it running right.

This problem has been going on for two years plus now and I just can't figure it out.

A quick background

Car has rebuilt head w/good compression. Fuel injectors have been tested and cleaned and matched, new coil pack (plugs are getting power), new plugs, have tested with a different CAS, tested injector connectors with a noid light, changed ECU coolant sensor (I thought it was running rich). All sensors seem to be working with the logger. No CEL. No boost leaks, new fuel filter, has the ECU checked out, ect.... I've probably forgotten a few things, but I checked all I can check.

Car starts without hesitation and just runs badly. It also runs EXACTLY like it did before I did all the work above.

Wookalar

Grab a multimeter and check your IAC. Do a search, some guy has a website where he says what value you shoul dsee, I think it is between 28 and 32.

You can also check your ignitor. Find a known good unit and swap it out.

Your TB shaft seals are probably shot if you have never had your TB rebuilt. It's a source of vacuum leak.

Did you ever mess with timing?

If you can afford it, upgrade to ecmtuning/link, it helps tremendously in diagnosing problems.

gvr4ever

As far as timing, I just made sure the base timing was correct. For tuning, I'm using a keydiver chip and my setup has been the same for years running well. I didn't mention my setup because its pretty basic with a basic tune. Nothing crazy and nothing was changed.

TB is original, but wouldn't leaks show up under a boost leak test?

I'd have to look in to the other things you recommended.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts