The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Max PSI on stock fuel maps?

jrschultz

I've been trying to get an answer from searching here and other dsm forums. What is the max boost on the 14B that the stock ecu fuel maps will compensate for? I'm curious as I have read that the stock GVR4 and 1st Gen dsm will boost anywhere from 8 to 12 psi from the factory depending on who you ask. My car currently boosts to 9 psi according to my autometer boost gauge. I purchased a manual boost controller and safc to up the boost in the near future, but I still am curious about the factory fuel maps. Here's another question I've got numerous answers to: What amount of boost will the stock fuel system support with the 14B? I don't want a monster. I just want a fun daily driver for now. I was hoping 14 psi would be on the safe side. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Andy_S

You'll be fine at 14psi. As for the maps, they lock on the last load value. If you exceed to range of the map, it stays on the highest value of the map. Fuel cut is what will get you, which is unrelated to the maps.

mikus

On a maintained car w/ fully operational bits, injectors that are running top notch etc, 14psi should be just fine

On 20-year-old stock/unwired fuel pump, injectors with 150K miles, a boost leak here and there etc, it's hit or miss.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned