The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Manley or Eagle rods $25 difference which to choose

Vr4junkie

Ok so theses are my chooses Eagle and Manley H Beam both are 22mm wrist pin and Eagles are 315 with price match Manleys are 340 is one better than the other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif And what would you guys recommend never messed with any aftermarket rods before. click
click

Street Surgeon

They're both cheap forged in (insert asian country), spec'd in the USA rods. Tons of people run both (though more have run eagles since they've been out longer and are a lil' cheaper) and about the only difference between the two is the price you pay.

Vr4junkie

Ok so there about the same so might as well go with Eagle rods and save 25 dollars

KT

Go with the lighter rod.

4thStroke

It's been said before that they are made at the same place and that the only Manley rod worth paying more for is their turbo tuff rod.

Many people have made over 700hp with the Eagles. I run them in my car and haven't had an issue.

Street Surgeon

Manley states that their rods are 573 grams while the Eagle's weigh in at 575 grams. I would also take into consideration the fact that the Manley's come with 3/8" rod bolts and the Eagle's come with 7/16" hardware which is a lil' nicer.

grocery_getter

Check the small rod end. They are always a bit too tight to the wrist pin.

Vr4junkie

Ok I will most likely go with Eagles cheaper and more than enough to handle the power i'm going to be making are theses also made in china then brought here to be finished like Manley?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned