The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Magnus intake manifold vs. stock cyclone intake manifold

chrisb33

Hehehe I usually pass the south super highway and the skyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to and from Makati /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif enough space for high RPM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and when i say high RPM, im just looking at 7.5K - 8K only! that's high enough for me!

Since i busted my engine just recently, i plan to upgrade my pistons and rods to forged. then complement this with a magnus intake and fuel rail, then a stage two match ported head, then use a DSMLink for engine management /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it will take a few months before i am complete my engine rebuild. The biggest problem i have actually is to get hold on a USDSM ECU because DSMLink doesnt support JDSM ECU's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

maybe you guys can point me where to get one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh and im planning to change my garrett T3 turbo to an MHI Evo III 16g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chris b

Why do you think DSMLink doesn't support JDM ECUs?
It will just complain about unavailable EGR and so, But It will work ...

chrisb33

Because I talked to Thomas Dorris of DSMLink already and he said himself that his DSMLink Chips does not support JDSM ECU's yet.

just put an emanage ultimate on it

cheaper then going with a whole dsmlink setup and better, IMO

chrisb33

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how many cubic inch or how many cc's does the magnus 1G have? I've emailing Magnus since last week but they havent replied to me yet!

thanks guys.

chris b

They are not going to give out any of that kind of information. Why would they and why would you ask? Plan on copying their plenum setup like others have?

chrisb33

No, not planning of copying. I have absolutely no technology nor the resources to be able to copy that. Only reason i ask is because my engine rebuilder wants to make sure that all the parts i'm getting and the mods im going to make will match.

chrisb

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:

The e-manage is junk. It does less than link and cost about the same

1.) Base Emanage - $295.00
2.) Support Tool - $119.00
3.) Ingition Harness (so you can play with timing) - $34.00
4.) Emanage MAP sensor (for boost table and "anti-stall feature") - $99.00
5.) Emanage MAP sensor harness (so you can plug the stupid MAP sensor into the emanage) - $29.00

Total: $576.00

Quote:
Quote:

The e-manage is junk. It does less than link and cost about the same

1.) Base Emanage - $295.00
2.) Support Tool - $119.00
3.) Ingition Harness (so you can play with timing) - $34.00
4.) Emanage MAP sensor (for boost table and "anti-stall feature") - $99.00
5.) Emanage MAP sensor harness (so you can plug the stupid MAP sensor into the emanage) - $29.00

Total: $576.00

You don't have to pay for the support tool anymore and you can get them online for under $200 on ebay all day.

Total is $576 with your math and all new stuff. How much is an emanage? $500? Plus you have to have an eprom ecu ($200) and get it socketed ($50) so now you are at $750?

How does it do less? Other then the blue box not being able to deal with twostep/antilag stuff it controls timing, you can use different coils, any maf you want, etc.

I think the people who find con's with emanage just simply have not used it that much or close to it's full potential. The new emanage ultimate spanks the dsmlink 5 ways to sunday. Controls all the 2step/anti lag, it's speed density so no more need for a maf sensor, has way more outputs/inputs that it can control so you can run a meth kit for those who want the RIGHT way, etc.

A local here went 127 on an emanage with a 50trim, stock longblock, stock cams, stock intake, full weight.

Brianawd

I have used e-manage. The timming control are from a cas feed that some times works and some times not so well. It does less than link. I would say most of the people on this board have a gvr4 that came with a eprom so you don't have to go out and buy one. Socketing a ecu is easy.

Only one of my gvr4's came with an eprom so you can't just use a blanket statement like that. I have never had any timing control issues with the emanage. How does it do less then the link, especially the emanage ultimate? I would like to know.

Brianawd

Well I have never seen a gvr4 with out a eprom. Sucks that you got one that some one pulled the eprom out on put a none eprom in. That happens some times. Its called the caps go out, so people just put in a different ecu. As far as the emanage goes. I could go on cross posting from NABR and other boards about bull sh*t with the over price pigback e-manage. But it not going to do any good. I don't have time for it. If you like emanage have fun.

Boostin21

curtis

Yes it will work most Napa's have them in stock. The white canisters also come on the monteros....Do a search under my name or ken inn's we both ran ours the same. Mine has a diagrame on what you need to control it without an ecu ...Mine has been pressure activated for almost 5 years and zero problems.

Boostin21

yeah i have ken inn's diagram and PMed him about this. what year monteros had this i could just pick it up from a junkyard if need be. i have to get my pedal assembly there anyways.

but that hobbs switch should work you said?

if i go to napa tomorrow and ask for it... are they going to have the negative and positive terminals on any of the 5psi switches?

thank you and here is the diagram i am using...

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109763&highlight=cyclone+intake

Boostin21

anyone have a clue what year montero it came off of? vacuum canister...

Brianawd

Quote:
anyone have a clue what year montero it came off of? vacuum canister...

Boostin21

thank you sir, i will be ordering it tomorrow! i picked up the Hobbs switch from napa, $28, there is a pretty small vacuum opening on it, i was suprised.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned