The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ma new g ride

streetmasters

finally got a summit white!

streetmasters

Definitely gona install the AMG kit on this beast! now to fix the oil leak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

streetmasters

ohhh yeaaa....I have some nice parts for her too! 93hl's, amg corners, grill, etc...cant wait to start on this one....the green wasn't me-

JSchleim18

I would've traded you lol. I prefer the grey actually

mitsuturbo

I've always wanted a white one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif That thing looks nice. I mean.. i wanna make friends with it.

curtis

Quoting streetmasters:
Definitely gona install the AMG kit on this beast! now to fix the oil leak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Hey man don't know if you know but the doors on the white cars are actually about 1 inch longer each so the AMG sides want work. PM me for my address and the drop ship number that way your not out of pocket on shipping them to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

streetmasters

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif sh*t !!! Now what am I gonna do!

Ok ill send them right over...ok thx bye! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

streetmasters

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif my sister took these pics since I am still at school and wanted the car to be shipped to my mothers, and she was like "the door has some black paint on it or some spray paint". I was freaking out because I thought maybe since I didnt purchase delivery insurance that something happened on the way over!....I may repaint it but not sure yet

Last edited:

Wilfongtsi

Nice!! Welcome to the world of the fastest colored G's. LMAO!! And I can't wait to see that beauty with the AMG kit on her. Oh and by the way if you hate the look after you install it I'd gladly take it off your hands, the AMG kit that is. Hey a guy can dream can't he!

slugsgomoo

repainting the trim is simple, cheap and makes a HUGE visual difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

streetmasters

haha yea man...I am working on getting another kit but it could take months to locate one...

everyone seems to only want the sides for this...ehh hem (cough)..Curtis, Paul...i will definitely let people know if that happens...the kit cost more than this car i just bought!!

when i sold my green galant, my insurance went up by 240!! i actually saved 240 per year by buying this car lol...so I guess Ill just have to keep it forever! Even if it sits on jack stands the car will pay for itself in 5 years haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

streetmasters

Quoting slugsgomoo:
repainting the trim is simple, cheap and makes a HUGE visual difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

do you happen to know what kind of paint to use for the doors? I dont have the car with me but isin't it like some flat black, kinda sandy feeling paint?...I wanna paint the chrome on the tail lights black too bec i dont like the chrome look- gonna shave and sell the badges, got an mmc badge to bless this with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

streetmasters

Quoting Alpha Male:
otherwise, if your 14b is fine stick with the 14b and do some porting.

Here is what i have on the car (and I dont know who owned this before me but the car is from Utah)
-14b ported (what does this do for me specifically?)
-2g head with ported exhaust manifold (does the 2g head flow better?)

hopefully when I get home next week I will find more surprises!

yea, all my posts are anti rice haha...I even have problems with rota wheels,but whatever thats me....so yea when I saw this EGAY turbo, I thought maybe someone would admit to having this and maybe has had good luck with it...I am not a fan of buying things twice, I am gonna drive stock and then do it right...I have been there and done that many times with my acura and it sux..but you live and learn.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

I wouldn't use a flat black, satin looks a lot better. There is actually "trim paint" at autozone/schucks/etc I think there's a thread in the how-to forum on the best way to do it as well.

vr4199

Nice car but Nile Black are the real fast ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the trim I also have to paint mine but I was thinking of getting Nile black paint.

What do you guys think?

streetmasters

I wanna get the paint that was on the car originally cuz I wanna use it for the taillight trim too- ill check the how-to

streetmasters

I just found the previous owner from the registry-username Ryan...anyone know him??!! Ryan from UTAH give pm me so I can get some history on the car if you have time!! car runs great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts