The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lower heat shield question...

SleepinGVR4

So I got rid of my 02 housing for a 2nd gen one not to long ago.

My question is should I use a 2nd gen 02 heat shield or a 1st gen one? Or a Galant one?

You would think I should use a 2nd gen one but will there be fitment issues?

BluFalcon

2nd Gen lower heatshield should fit without any issues as long as you're running a 2G O2 housing. As far as "needing" it, I can only say that I think you'd be better off running it. The turbo puts out a lot of heat, and having a heatshield in place can only help combat underhood temperatures. This is especially important if you daily drive the car, and in extreme environments like Texas during the summer. I can't run a lower heatshield since I have a FP3052 in my car now. I know my alternator is much happier since I had the tubular O2 housing ceramic coated and installed a heat blanket for the turbine housing.

mitsuturbo

Best solution i know of for alternator issues is to ditch A/C if you don't use or need it, and relocate the alternator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned