The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Low compression

galantrevolution

Long story short I bought back 92 vr4 from my friend after 2 years since I sold it, it was running he remove the engine to replace all gaskets seals and clean the engine since it was in bad shape, when I bought it back it was apart he never install the engine back on the car so after 6 months I finally have the engine in but it won't start it only crank, well today I decide to do a compression test found out the I have 60psi in all 4, since. Had to try to start the car with old fuel first I figured the I have flood the piston so I drop some oil into the combustion chamber retested and compression went to 145 to 150 in all 4 so put the plugs and it run! But after a minute it die and it wouldn't start retest compression and it was again at 60psi so I think the maybe he installed the piston ring wrong? Or what could it be?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned