The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

looking over the 5 lug conversion

Brunoboy

I have read the HOW TO on the 5 lug conversion while keeping ABS thread. I read parts needed and it doesnt list calipers. Do we use the STOCK ones on our cars for the 5 lug swap? Are they they the same? And are the pads the same?
-Shane

Yes. Calipers and brake pads are reused.

Edit: That sounds bad to me. The calipers and pads are the same. Pads are cheap enough that I would get new to go with the new rotors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

i have hawk pads for the front and new pads for the rear, I just didnt want to waste them so thats why i asked if i am still good if i do the 5 lug. Thanks

Brunoboy

Quoting omertaitalia:
what rims do you have currently on your 4 lugs shane, im looking for a lil sumin for the mitsubishi expo i just bought

Some shitty ass sterns aha curbed to hell not worth anything. Lol seriously not worth anything.

Brunoboy

Quoting feil8409:
Keep in mind you will need new rotors. Just order some for a 1993 eagle talon tsi.

Is there a difference in the 91-92 from the 93 dsm?

The early (90-92) DSM rotors are smaller diameter than the late (93-94) DSM rotors, and will not function properly with the dual piston calipers.

Brunoboy

Good to know, thanks

raptorWagon

Or rather 90-92 are single piston, 93+ are Dual piston, thus why the rotors won't fit.

It should be noted that you have to get the front rotors from a 93-94 AWD DSM, as the FWD versions still used the smaller rotor, single piston caliper front brakes.

pauleyman

You can also use the rotors from a 3000gt sl or a diamante. Can't remember which years. Good to cross reference. Parts stores (if you go that route) frequently do not give you the right parts when asking for parts that are very specific to just a few cars, like 93-94 awd. For the past 20 years I've found it easier to have the part with me or something to cross reference. I can't count the number of times I've asked specifically for a part and gave them all the pertinent information and it's still wrong because their books are wrong. It's especially true of places like Rockauto etc. I always cross reference their part numbers before I order and even then I've still gotten some wrong parts (mislabeled?)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned