The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Loggers...

So i'm quite new to this logging stuff. Do you need to make modifications to your (stock) ECU to be able to log it? Wich stuff would i need to log it? Can you log every ecu?

A lot of questions, but i know you guys got the right answers for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't think you need any ECU modifications, but some of the ECU versions in non-US cars will not work with logging. I can't remember in your case what version car you have. If you have the ECU part number that may help some others with the answering of this question.

The logger is really just reading the information the ECU normally collects.

The ECU was repaired by a Dutch company and there was a sticker on it with the tests they did on it and the guarantee, but on the bottom there was a "part-number". I'm not sure it it's the Mitsu part number but it was:

MD132957 . We are talking about a non-turbo (n/a) 4G63 engine without 4WD and 4WS.

As long as it isn't the older dual-board ECU it will probably log. Does the board look anything like this:
click
MH6111 processor?
I guess another easy way to tell would be if the car that it came from has the 12-pin diagnostic port?

Last edited by a moderator:

This is my ECU:

hierder_computerrrr_016__medium_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I would guess that ECU would log fine. It looks identical to our 1990 ECU's, except it is setup for high impedance injectors, so I'm guessing its a non-turbo.

The diagnostics port under the dash on the drivers side in our cars. I assume the same with the n/t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CP

I've got a Palm IIIc for sale if you want it for logging. PM me for details.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned