The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

light weight flywheel

tektic

All the description for the comp clutch fly wheel say for n/a or street application. That didn't seem right to me so I gave them a call. Just got off the phone with them and they assured me that was a mistake. They said it was take what ever I could throw at it as it was made of hardened steel. Then I asked about the step height. He said -15.4 or .606". That seems too low to me. I asked if the RRE wheel was the same and he said no. He's going to email me a picture of his flywheel.

I asked south bend what they build their clutch kits for and they said .610" i'm going to call act for good measure.

EHmotorsports

it will depend on what disc they run that will determine the step height of the flywheel. CC may have a specific disc for that setup. I would hope haha.

tektic

I can't use it and its out of stock spec so... I don't know why they would make them that way unless it was another error.

I'm going to talk to RRE on Monday. Their clutch is looking like the best option for me right now. They are at least aware of the correct step height. I'll try them tomorrow but not expecting anyone to answer.

tektic

Only interested in new.

Going to buy today.

Is the act worth the extra $75 over the xtd?

prove_it

Never had an issue with my ACT. Can't speak for all though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned