The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just installed goodies.

MRmeeTooxD

Hey guys just need a bit of help. Just got a vrsf fmic, 16g, intake along with new gaskets on throttle body and biss screw and half size radiator and brand spanking new tranny along with t-case. The car runs awesome on stock pressure. I go on express way and push the pedal to medal, and man steady at 9psi. After a small jolt in traffic, push in clutch and start releasing again on first my car starts to stay idling high at 2000rpm. Then when I engage in clutch to first gear, I start releasing the clutch smoothly its start to go down but then rises on its own..
so any ideas?

andrew4g63

Sounds like it just wants to go fast! Haha

I would start by checking got noisy leaks.

MRmeeTooxD

Lol ah ah yea it freaks me out... but yea I don't have any noise besides when I start it early morning the alternator belt...other than that nope..

prove_it

Kinda hard to follow without grammar. Are you saying the RPMs rise on their own?

If so I'd look for intake side leaks. Boost leak test is in order. Also make sure your BISS screw is adjusted properly. Another thing, low coolant can cause the FIAV to get funny, be sure the coolant is properly bled and full.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned