The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just bought gvr4 PlEASE help not boosting and cant idle

yeti

just wondering if any thing does not look normal

and is there supposed to be 4 ports a1 a e p
0r just a e p

AND IN SECOND POST, SECOND PIC, IS THAT THE EGR VALVE

i just dont know what these are since there all just laying around

Last edited:

yeti

u have none of them hooked up
did u run lines like the taboo speed shop says?

i dont have a cat so im not worried abut smog should i try and run lines like one of the taboo speed shops diagrams

Adorsey

Yeti has a vacuum bracket still hooked up. its stock material. Yeti- your posts would be easier to understand if you through in some punctuation. sh*t makes my eyes cross.

Egr valve, second picture, yes. That must have a Vacuum line off of it. Find it on the diagram and make sure it goes to the correct spot.
check for cracks or leaks.

Same with all the other lines.

Have you made a vacuum tester yet?

Hook up your boost gauge, and make a vacuum tester.
You system should hold at least 10psi for a decent time before dwindeling away.

Adorsey

Quoting 496of2000:
I've been having my fair share of problems too. Found a boost leak, it's crack. This explains my maxed out low fuel trims.

I could hearing hissing sound while it was idling. Located on the intake mainfold, between the TI.

Replace it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

yeti

Got pieces for boost leak test I am just to retarded.
Also sorry about punctuation never was good at it. but definitely will try and apply more + I am either on my phone or using the onscreen keyboard since my sh*t is broke

AND is this the EVAP. can?

ALSO whats the firing order so can check if the plug wires are connected wrong or would the car not run?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned