The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jdm computer

galantrevolution

Does the JDM computer will work on our cars? And if I have small 16 g , a 2 g maf and 510 injectors it will run ok with the jdm computer or still need tune?

fuel

which "JDM" computer exactly? There's about 5 of them depending if it's the early model with 14b turbo and 5450cc injectors, facelift model with the same 14b and 450cc injectors but up on power, the automatic facelift model, right through to the evolution 510cc and 16g model.

A part number of the JDM computer you are thinking of using would help, and here's a site which shows each different kind of JDM VR-4 along with the part number of ECU they would use here click

I believe the JDM ECU will have issues with the lack of the 'cyclone' circuit, and another circuit on the USDM harness could be wired in place and cause troubles. The Evolution spec MD165808 ECU would be fine with the 510cc injectors and maybe the 2G MAF.

galantrevolution

When I got my swap was from a rs it came with the 16 g, the yellow injectors and the cyclone manifold, but it didn't came with harness or computer, so my question is this is easy just get the jdm computer it should I get a chip done for my mods instead ?

fuel

you would want the harness or at least the wiring diagram to run the JDM Evolution (RS) ECU, purely for the Cyclone control should you keep it electronically activated by the ECU. You could use your stock ECU and have DSM Link installed and then run an aftermarket rpm triggered switch to control the cyclone vacuum solenoid or make it mechanically activated using a wastegate actuator like some others do as well.

if you end up running the JDM ECU you will be limiting yourself to tuning mods in the US, whereas it wouldn't be the case elsewhere in the world.

tektic

imho there is no reason to run anything but e391 on a usdm board. There are mods from everything from 30psi maps on maf to high res logging and high res maf comp tables to cyclone control via purge or fpr solenoid. or full out speed density with jackle or sweed density. Your not going to be able to modify the jdm ecu to do any of that and if you werent planning on that, then your probably not going to get the check engin light to come off using a jdm ecu in your usdm car. even though its only a one byte software change, or a resolder of a ground wire..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned