The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

isc not working

Brunoboy

So replaced the ISC after my last ecu blew a driver, I replaced the ecu and rewired the pump as some of you may remember, I have a bad idle surge now, and I adjusted the biss all the way in and still idles and fluctuates around 12-1600 rpms, The ISC I pulled out to see if it'd move with the key in the on posistion, and it doesnt, the isc doesnt move either, so Im wondering what else it could be?, Do you think the ECU is messed up still? I had it checked and he said it was ok, maybe he missed something?
-Shane

SouthCaliVR4

check the o-ring on the biss, clean all the conections & disco the battery turn the key on for thirty sec, turn key off reconect the battery. it's worth a shot, did you get a "new" isc or source a used one? is your closed throttle switch connected & working, other vac leaks?

Brunoboy

it didnt surge before the replacement of those items, the isc is from dsmisc.com or something, new or rebuilt, but yea, what do you mean disconnect the battery and all that? My isc o ring is new as well and biss o ring is new, the isc doesnt move at all when the key is in the ignition.

Massive vacuum leak? Have you checked for that? So the problem started before you replaced the ISC and ECU? Or is this a new problem that developed after? Just trying to clarify and get myself up to speed cause I missed earlier modifications issues etc.

So have you tried another known good ecu? Known good isc? check for vacuum leaks(carb clean), and put in a new o-ring on the isc.

Brunoboy

new oring, no other ecu, ima have the drivers looked at, and i had two isc

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned