The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CEL Solid, ECU insight please

SouthCaliVR4

Funny I don't remember ending that last sentence with the word period, how freaking weird is that. I swear if someone talks to me while I type I start typing what they say, Musta been thinking period as in end of sentence & typed it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Anyway, do you have any codes stored in the system?

After a quick reread of your posts I'm thinking the failure to energise the fuel pump or even a bad isc driver could cause the light to stay on. You getting any actual issue or just the weirdo light thing?

Last edited:

Brunoboy

no codes pop up, just the isc doesnt power on, and the fuel pump doesnt power on, so i tapped the 12v mpi relay to the fuel pump relay wire, and it works now.......

Brunoboy

you know what, I havent really checked it out again, I know I energized the pump, but maybe its still tossing a code? What If there is no code, then what is it thats keeping the CEL on?
-Shane

Brunoboy

I got a ecu from drax, it fixed my problems....

mitsuturbo

You should be able to either fix yours or get it fixed inexpensively. Good luck. I hope your traces aren't all buggered up!

Brunoboy

im using Drax's for a diagram and using the parts, i also just bought ANOTHER ecu from auto in case.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned