The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this worth it?

GSTwithPSI

Seems hard to tell. It has a lot of nice parts, but as usual, the pictures the seller posted suck ass. To really put a number on it, you need to be able to tell the overall condition of the vehicle, and with the limited pictures posted you really can't. From what I can see, combined with the info posted, I'd say anywhere between $5,500-$7,000 depending on how the interior, exterior and under hood looks. I'd keep in mind the bottom end is stock as well.

coyotes

I'd say do a compression and leak down test to see the condition of the engine, see if there are any hidden issues with the car or any rust. Also those wheels really don't fit on the car at all...

LIV4PSI

$6k is much more realistic than $8k. Definitely check for hidden rust, these cars are sneaky

GSTwithPSI

Coyotes brings up a good point. Any rust would really hurt the value of the car. Make sure you do a good job checking it over. Examine the pinch welds right behind the front wheel wells and make sure there are no signs of rust. Also, give the under-body a look and see if it is rusty at all.

ktmrider

Guys do a search here, this belongs to a known scam artist who owes a ton of money all over the web. Notice the badge number is not listed?!?

He posted it about a month or so ago but the mods took it down ASAP. One downside to thread deletion.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

No badge number makes it hard to search

ktmrider

LOL Big Picture here guys, those rims alone make it easy to identify. Again no badge number = way way suspicious in ANY case.

Easy button answer so the OP doesn't get screwed: click

Now realize the pics and most of the ad were deleted by the local mods however it gives you his multiple attempts to sell the car via different usernames ( beastmode, joosdawg, etc ).

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
Damn.....

strokin4dr

Very shady. I wouldn't touch it thats for sure!

EfiniX

Quoting tjwilliams87:
Just trying to get a feel for how much this car is worth?
click

my $0.02

No GVR4 is worth that much unless you are the person who put the money into it (or it is a widely recognized car in the community). The issue isn't so much that the car isn't worth what he's asking with those mods, but rather that it's impossible to know if those mods are legit and/or what condition they are in. Lots of aftermarket parts... cams sound like fun until you realize that the idle is whacked out. Well that's just an adjustment, right? Probably wasn't tuned correctly. Oh sh*t, your IAC is bad and it's cooked the ECU. Well, that's not too much of a problem so long as you have some folding cash and another car to drive around. And did you test the compression before you purchased the car? No? Well step into my office... I've got some bad news.

So the usual "caveat emptor" rules apply. Go look at the car and show up with the tools needed to pull the spark plugs. There's so much you can learn regarding the health of the vehicle from a spark plug. Then get in the car, put your foot behind the clutch pedal and using the end of your foot, pull the pedal in the wrong direction (towards you). If it moves, there's a pedal rebuild in your future. I would rather have an unsedated colonoscopy then rebuild the pedal assembly in these cars. Also, check the stuff that isn't mentioned in the ad. So often you see a laundry list of aftermarket parts, but you don't see any regular maintenance items like half-shafts, motor mounts, brakes, rotors, tires, etc.... I see he's pointing out all of his awesome transmission and drive-train work, but he's left out how long that clutch has been in; how long since that transmission was rebuilt.

Not saying you can't get that info, but when it comes to cars that are overvalued (by KBB standards), you need to pay attention not to what is being said in the ad, but what is not being said in the ad.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned