The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is there a difference between 1g data logger and DSM link?

hey guys

i am new to the DSM scene...

i was just wondering what is the difference between the DSM link and the 1g data logger with palm pilot?

What are the pros and cons of the two and which would be a better route?

thanks

please email me back at [email protected]

Marc

donniekak

A logger is just that, a logger. ECMlink is a full tuning solution, that can alter every parameter in your ecu.

spooln4fun

A logger will allow you to see whats going(knock, tps, ect..)

As for DSMLink it not only allows you to see whats going on but you can also change to help prevent it(such as knock, the logger will allow you to see it but do nothing about it, the link you can pull/add timing to get rid of it for example)

I have both a logger and DSMLink, I would suggest (funds permitting) to go with DSMLink as its a proven application, amazing customer support, own forums, you can always see whats going on with your car, what check engine is on for, you can even disable some(rear o2, fuel cut, egr)

Although DSMLink is more expensive I would shoot for it if I were you. I love that I have it now, I'm able to tune my car and others.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know.

Scientist

Another option would be Jackal. Requires you to get your ECU socketed and an ostrich installed. Runs strickly on map sensor though so you will have to remove the factory airflow meter.

www.ds-map.net

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned