The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intro

What's up ladies and gentlemen? I'm Sean, just picked up a 92 G. It's my first G but I'm very old school in the DSM scene so I'm generally aware of what I've got myself into here. Looking forward to this new experience and if any of you are in Colorado, hit me up!

prove_it

You got a lot of support in Colorado sir, welcome! Play nice, be polite, use good grammar and you'll fit right in!

Number and pics of the GVR4 please.

So to be honest I don't know what number I have, the placard on the dash was removed and the previous owner didn't care to find out, of course if there's a way to find out I'd certainly be compelled to know!

EMX5636

Welcome! If you PM the VIN to iceman, he's got the database to hopefully find out what number it was if it was ever listed on here.

highrpm666

Welcome and congratulations. Looks like a decent vr4! There is alot of us here in Colorado. We also have a private facebook group called Colorado vr4. I can add you if you use facebook and would like to be part of our little vr4 community.

GSTwithPSI

If I were you, I'd put some kind of protection on the hot side intercooler pipe that wraps over the exhaust manifold. The FP race manifold is positioned much closer to the pipe, and it will melt a hole in the rubber pipe over time. Ask me how I know:
WP_001369.jpg

You can get some of that reflective heat tape or some sh*t that would probably do the trick. Bottom line, you need to add some type of heat barrier between the rubber pipe and manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned