The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injectors + 2gMAF

NickDromez

ok so im getting some evo8 injectors soon and im gonna get a 2g maf along with them. i hear they work good when used with eachother. my question is: will i need a SAFC to go along with this? if so, what are some decently priced ones? Thanks

broxma

I again cannot stress enough, for the cost of a SAFC you could install an Evo ECU,knock sensor, get the cable and never worry about things like this ever again. But yeah, the SAFC would work.

I honestly cannot understand however why anyone would do anything other than install a fully tunable, damn near bolt in, map switching, NLTS, launch control, SD running, alternate map, valet mode, able to handle 800+hp, big map ECU, for the same price as a box that interrupts and changes just the fuel signal. The only possible reason I can see is someone saying "I can't solder." in which case I say "Learn."

my .02

/brox

NickDromez

haha ok, im deff open to other options. but what exactly is this big map ECU you talk of?

Brunoboy

He"s talking about evo 8 ecus, they work with our car if you can solder a plug and play harness for yorself, get a new knock sensor , the tuning wire and a laptop, the capabilities of the evo ecu is pretty much open to full tuning , 2-step, nlts, has dual maps, can do everything ecmlink can basically. I personally run link and i can show you tmrw when you come get the injectors.
-shane

broxma

The Evo 8 ECU is essentially like a mini programmable computer. For example, the factory ignition and fuel maps had a limited number of columns and rows to work with. Of course increasing the columns and rows allows for better resolution. So the geniuses over at EvoM break into the code, find the code for the size of the maps, and program new map parameters. Basically the community said, hey we need more load cells, and lo and behold, we get more load cells. We say, let the CEL flash when I get knock, behold, the flashing CEL light. And make it flash slower or faster depending on the amount of knock, etc. The development and programming time and skill going into the Evo ECU is absolutely insane. Stand alone manufacturers would be broke trying to pay the salaries of developers to achieve the same goals.

I looked at the ECMlink and it looks to be on par with the capability of the Evo ECU, but I am guessing here. Even the V3 lite package would still cost more than a conversion however. I would have considered a ECMLink if my familiarity with the Evo ECU wasn't so high. I was literally just waiting around until the masses figured out how to get it running in a 1G.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts