The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Discrepency in afc rpm and tach/high idle.

ok so ive been trying to pinpoint this issue for awhile now. but cant seem to. the issue is this. when i first start my car. it will go to 2k rpm and dip to 500 and almost stall. it does this until i drive it a little bit, then the idle is a solid 2k rpms. and once its completely warmed up it stays a solid 1500 rpms. what i dont get is my afc is saying im at 950 rpm when my cluster shows 2k (and it is definitely at 2k) then goes to 400ish when its at 1k. and 750 at 1500. i set timing, set my fiel pressure. messed with my fuel corrections. i just cant understand how to lower it. the TPS IS Right. sould an innacurately adjusted CAS cause this? thats really the only thinkg i havent looked at of yet.

well i figured out both issues. i had to set my afc to 2 cyl.. odd as for the idle issue. it was my coolant level. was a tad low. toppe dit off and idles a rock solid 800rpm. im updating incase someone else ever has this issue. they know a resolution.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts