The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

idle surging?

Brunoboy

Biss screw all the way in, new o ring, it didnt do this before I changed the ecu and link and pump, I bought a brand new ISC as well, now it surges when cold and warm. Causes? Can I stop it in Link?
-Shane

GVR4_1057

Are you using simulate idle switch in link? That may help.
Also maybe do a boost leak test.

Brunoboy

It never uaed to do this, and the only things changed are the isc ecu link and rewire, the simulate was on and it didnt make a difference , the other thing tht helped was the groundig option, but still with the biss all the way in it idle surges

fuel

the biss screw is only one of three valves which controls the idle speed - it's basically a fine tuning adjuster. I would make sure the throttle plate and surrounding area where it sits when closed inside the throttle body is nice and clean and free from deposits blocking it up - the throttle plate is meant to be every so slightly open when it's in the closed position. The throttle stop screw should be adjusted a little bit passed the point where the throttle plate starts to bind as you're trying to gently open the throttle plate immediately after opening the throttle and letting the return spring slam it shut - once you're satisfied with the throttle plate being in the correct spot when fully closed then move onto adjusting the TPS and idle switch (should be a faq somewhere on the forum), and then after that the biss screw should be adjusted - ideally it should be about half way when the engine is warm and idling at approx 750-800rpm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned